Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"

Article about: I just picked this up yesterday...here is the story .. Several days ago I saw this on ebay and I noticed it was being sold in my Hometown of Bellingham Wa . It was removed off ebay for obvio

?

Thank you. I know it truley is to bad but you know I still appreciate it since its a local vet and it has its story. Not worth taking the paint off which i thought about. It will just stay on. Probally damage it more if i did

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"
    P
    Many

Yes, it would be interesting to know more of the back story. I think it's quite possible the hand writing on the liner "Curtis Williams Tunis May 14- 1943" is genuine. The other marker pen "Curtis Williams" I would say is post war and likely not by Mr Williams (why would you write your name twice on a helmet?) The helmet itself evidently had factory finish when he picked it up, and some later owner may have decided a North Africa helmet deserved a tan camo overpaint. Whether that was done to deceive future buyers is the question.

?

Thank you. Yes it would be but lost forever now. I agree you can tell his original hand writing but the bigger one defiently added post war. It Probally was added to fool someone...but not us!.

?

Well my friend took the liberty to send the helmet to Bill Shea, he took a look at the helmet in person and this is what he told him about it

Great news buddy. Bill Shea's response

I have examined this helmet thoroughly and come to the conclusion that it's the real deal. It has some unusual characteristics but the hands on eyeballing made me feel comfortable.

..All three domed rivets are missing most of their camo finish but have never been disturbed.
    ..It's a reissue where they changed out the liner and repainted both the interior and exterior of the helmet with a rough textured paint and they even replaced the decal
    ..I did notice some shinny parts on the liner band springs but checked the light weight alunimum split rivets which hold on the liner and felt interior and they looked fine.The liner band is zinc which is OK for the reissue and the springs are green so that indicates an earlier production which would be consistent with the vintage in North Africa.
    ..The paint is a color that I have seen before which made me feel comfortable. This was much better than the pictures.
    ..The writing on the liner certainly adds to the appeal of this helmet.

Quote by FUBARR View Post
    Well my friend took the liberty to send the helmet to Bill Shea, he took a look at the helmet in person and this is what he told him about it

Great news buddy. Bill Shea's response

I have examined this helmet thoroughly and come to the conclusion that it's the real deal. It has some unusual characteristics but the hands on eyeballing made me feel comfortable.

..All three domed rivets are missing most of their camo finish but have never been disturbed.
    ..It's a reissue where they changed out the liner and repainted both the interior and exterior of the helmet with a rough textured paint and they even replaced the decal
    ..I did notice some shinny parts on the liner band springs but checked the light weight alunimum split rivets which hold on the liner and felt interior and they looked fine.The liner band is zinc which is OK for the reissue and the springs are green so that indicates an earlier production which would be consistent with the vintage in North Africa.
    ..The paint is a color that I have seen before which made me feel comfortable. This was much better than the pictures.
    ..The writing on the liner certainly adds to the appeal of this helmet.
    Seems like the seal of approval then?
    That being the case, it would be the bargain helmet so far of 2018........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Yeah it must be. Bill is even backing his name on it with a C.O.A.

I paid 200 for it..what's roughly value on it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2