Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 SD Luft

Article about: Hello Gents, Next on deck is a sdm35 luft stelheim. I did not take pics these are the best I have, I am thinking Honest Shell,but I am really weak on liners. It seems ok to me. What say ye T

Default M35 SD Luft

Hello Gents,
    Next on deck is a sdm35 luft stelheim. I did not take pics these are the best I have,
    I am thinking Honest Shell,but I am really weak on liners. It seems ok to me.
    What say ye
    Thanks as always in advance

General Putnam

M35 SD LuftM35 SD LuftM35 SD LuftM35 SD LuftM35 SD Luft

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SD Luft
    P
    Many

it does look a little off. There is the right amount of wear on the edges but the fingers look really clean and I am not sure about the numbers on the side. I will go out a limb and say good, with a hint of reservation. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi, it all looks good to me, the numbers may well just be a reference to the "roll" of leather the liner was cut from. I once owned a liner with a huge printed number that went across two fingers which represented just that. As they are usually on the end of the roll it is something that is rarely seen but from time to time it happens. Oh and I think that's an M40, not an M35. Leon.

Hi, I don't see a problem with the liner and the lid looks good too.

Thank you gents. I will let you know what happens, or even if its still available

I think this looks lovely, just the right amount of wear for my taste, without it looking "damaged"--- nice decal, liner looks nicely worn with the perfect shape, chinstrap appears to match. Would like to note, though, that I am not an expert on these Luftwaffe lids, just going by what I have come to rely on; my eye, good general/basic knowledge and the general look of natural age and wear, plus how components match up to each other... hasn't let me down so far.

I wouldn't have much hesitation --- good luck!