Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M35 se 66 luft

Article about: One of two SOS buys. This one was brought to the show for me, reserved weeks ago. 1939 dated SE 66. These are not easy to find lately, I don't know where all the nice ones have gone. D.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A lot of helmets have suffered in post war storage (neglect?), but this one probably is in the same condition as the day it was grabbed in 1944 or '45. A great addition for any collection.
    You have a great eye Anderson. Determining war time wear/use vs. post war abuse & handling is a field of it's own. It's the main thing I study when viewing helmets.
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 se 66 luft
    P
    Many

"Determining war time wear/use vs. post war abuse & handling is a field of it's own"

It is David. That's a huge topic in itself, and one not talked about as much as it should be by collectors.

I am dribling like a baby over this one......What more can I say!

Sweeeet Lid!!!! I gave up trying to find a LW M35 DD in 'my price range" (HaHaHa) and settled for a lowly SD M40 I picked up at the West Coast Pomona show a couple of years back. (Oh well, it is an ET64 at least) Is it possible that the LW helmets with that beautiful eagle on the blue-grey paint were just under appreciated for years now no one wants to get rid of em?

Quote by ironratt View Post
    Sweeeet Lid!!!! I gave up trying to find a LW M35 DD in 'my price range" (HaHaHa) and settled for a lowly SD M40 I picked up at the West Coast Pomona show a couple of years back. (Oh well, it is an ET64 at least) Is it possible that the LW helmets with that beautiful eagle on the blue-grey paint were just under appreciated for years now no one wants to get rid of em?
    There are fewer of these Luft M35's than Police or Heer. They were never very obtainable. As stated...the first pattern "drooptails" can be found in collectible condition, not so much the second pattern eagle
    D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3