Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited

Article about: Hello friends, Now that I have a decent camera, I thought it might be interesting to revisit this M35 reissue helmet in my collection. Previously, several members asked for better photos of

Those pictures have a great clarity when expanded, the camera was a good buy! The helmet itself looks like a classic field over paint/re-issue and the paper over the vents is a nice little touch adding to the lid as a whole. Like Michael, I would however have concerns about the remnants of the National shield being period applied. As it is over the top of the re-paint I suspect it was added at a later date, but for me it does not detract from the overall appeal of this helmet. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited
    P
    Many

Thank you everyone for your input. The camera is one of the Canon PowerShot type. Not expensive and quite easy to use. The auto-focus function is superb. The helmet comes with provenance from the Mater family. After looking closely at the photos, I do believe another national shield was actually applied after the re-paint on top of the existing one. Why? I don't know. The family states that this is the condition the helmet was in when brought to the states in 1960. NH

MAP
    ?

We can only look so far into the past and also rely on our interpretation of what we see. Based on the history of the helmet....who's to say a German soldier didn't add this.

It's a lovely helmet either way.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    We can only look so far into the past and also rely on our interpretation of what we see. Based on the history of the helmet....who's to say a German soldier didn't add this.

It's a lovely helmet either way.
    Also remember, post war there were many original decals still around to "improve" the look of a helmet with! As I said either way, it does not detract from the desirability of this lid, it's a corker. Leon.

It was played with by one of the Mater boys in their back yard in Germany circa the 1950s! Gene also used to play around in a WWI police uniform complete with visor cap and sword. I've seen the family photos with the kids goofing off with these items. NH

M38
    ?

I'm not sure when or why a national color decal was placed on top of the overpaint, because the purpose of the overpaint was to cover up the national colors. But regardless of when or why it was applied, it is not unusual to see it flake off like that when applied on rough paint. Nice helmet, I personally love M35 repaints. Sounds like you know the family of the soldier who wore this? That would make it special if you could get war time photos of him?

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2