Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Stahlhelm unmarked

Article about: Hi folks, I have spent a lot of time looking up this particular early issue helmet. I am still puzzled though as to its origination and use. Clearly, it is an early version of the M35 with a

Default M35 Stahlhelm unmarked

Hi folks, I have spent a lot of time looking up this particular early issue helmet. I am still puzzled though as to its origination and use. Clearly, it is an early version of the M35 with an early style liner. It appears to have been repainted at some time. There are no stampings on the shell. I surmise it is a size 66 shell. The liner is marked with 59 on the band in the front and marked for size on the side. It has no manufacturer name or code. The shell has a manually scratched number in the dome and matching number inked into the liner - 259. The numbering looks to be European in style. The chin strap is a reproduction. I am hoping someone can provide additional information. Thanks, NH

M35 Stahlhelm unmarkedM35 Stahlhelm unmarkedM35 Stahlhelm unmarkedM35 Stahlhelm unmarkedM35 Stahlhelm unmarked

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Stahlhelm unmarked
    P
    Many

You're not looking in the right places or your not posting the right pix. Look on the left inside front part of skirt for shell stamp and on the liner-- the sides next to the shell, near the bales, on either side, should have markings....sometimes you need a flashlight and have to flex the band a bit but do not bend too much.

Nigel, I've been collecting since 1974 and this is my 15th helmet. I have examined it very thoroughly. There are absolutely no stamps on the shell - none. I have looked in the rear skirt area and on both sides near the bales. The liner band is marked 59 at the front and there is a size marking on the side but no manufacturers name. This is why the helmet is so puzzling to me. I have read that early helmets did not have stamps in the shell. I have also read that export helmets were not marked but I cannot verify this information. I am guessing the blue/grey color makes it Luftwaffe. NH

Some early M31 bands had no makers stamps (some are stamped very feintly and are hard to see) and early shells can be found with no stamps too. I think there was another shell of this ilk posted recently. I can't see the distinctive scoreline to the crimped edge of yours so it may be an early SE....they came onboard shortly after ET.

Thanks Nigel. I will look for other early SE examples to see if this one matches up. NH