Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35, strange liner? Authentic?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this strange liner (in my eyes at least) please? I am wondering about the semi-circle ring at the back of the liner. It's authentic? What was its purpose? With

Default M35, strange liner with an extra ring? Authentic?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this strange liner (in my eyes at least) please? I am wondering about the semi-circle ring at the back of the liner. It's authentic? What was its purpose?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Last edited by Alter Musketier; 12-25-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35, strange liner? Authentic?
    P
    Many

can you please end some more pics of the liner. close up thanks

It was used to hang the helmet on a hook..etc. pretty cool to see on a helmet.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Interesting. Never seen one of these on a German helmet. Not saying they didn't exist. Can we see the rest of the helmet?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No problem as said to hang the helmet on a hook. It's a soldier's addition.

is this the solution they had for hanging it on the belt perhaps on one of the hooks on the uniform that you can see in several clips from the time? huh never realy knew how or what they used for that

cheers DS

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your answers! At the moment I have these (some are rather bad) pictures by the seller.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

A nice and rarely seen original addition to the liner, makes for an interesting helmet. Leon.