Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet

Article about: Hi all, A new arrival, sourced recently (not by me) from the SOS. This one is an M35 style EREL manufactured vulkanfibre parade helmet. The shell is unmarked, but the liner is ink stamped 57

Default M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet

Hi all, A new arrival, sourced recently (not by me) from the SOS. This one is an M35 style EREL manufactured vulkanfibre parade helmet. The shell is unmarked, but the liner is ink stamped 57, so it is a size 64. It has the expected screen vents, and the bead in the metal rim on the base of the skirt and visor. What I really like about this one is the fact that it has private purchase variant Luftwaffe decals, including the barrel shaped tri color (usually seen on lightweight/parade helmets) and a REAR facing highly stylized adler (the graphics are somewhat similar to those seen on Eric's Crash Crew helmet!). I expect some skepticism on these, but they are 100% right. (Al Barrows has an identical example.) It is complete with a black pebbled leather roller buckle chinstrap, and it is in pretty good shape in my opinion despite being slightly "out of round" due to seasonal expansion/contraction to which all of these fiber helmets are subjected. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet   M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet  

M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet   M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet  

M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet   M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet

Wow Jim! I really like it. I'm a believer on the decals 100%. A complete keeper and in super condition. Congrats!

?

Ohw, really nice helmet! But,... why is the eagle flying to the opposite direction? Normally he flies from right to left... here he flies from left to right...

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    Ohw, really nice helmet! But,... why is the eagle flying to the opposite direction? Normally he flies from right to left... here he flies from left to right...
    This is an early private purchase commercially produced Adler decal. I have seen an identical example owned by Al Barrows on a vulkanfibre shell, and a second pattern eagle on a transitional shell which was printed in the same orientation but applied on the right side of the shell (therefore it is "flying" towards the front of the helmet on that one). I don't have an official explanation for it. It could be a misprint, or a mistake by the manufacturer who may have patterned the decal on a breast eagle. In any event, it is 100% period correct and real. I bought this one from Ken Niewiarowicz (he knows a little about Third Reich headgear) and it has been in hand vetted by Al Barrows (another guy who forgets more in a day about German helmets than I will ever know). The reason I bought this one was the fact that it had interesting decals (I really like the tri color as well!). The "odd balls" are what makes this hobby interesting to me. Anyway, there it is, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 04-21-2013 at 07:50 PM.

?

Thank you for the explenation. It's something not often seen... That's wat makes this forum very interesting!

Cheers.

?

Phenomenal helmet Jim. If I were to own one fibre this would be the one. Simply outstanding in every respect, best helmet shown here in a long time with respect to condition and rarity. My compliments sir!

Quote by DougB View Post
    Phenomenal helmet Jim. If I were to own one fibre this would be the one. Simply outstanding in every respect, best helmet shown here in a long time with respect to condition and rarity. My compliments sir!
    Thanks Doug, I own 2 vulkanfibre helmets, this one and a double decal Heer Model 3 prototype, the model with the slots in the apron that was field tested (and rejected) in 1932 and 1933 as a possible replacement for the heavy and cumbersome WWI steel helmets. That one is in really poor shape, but its rarity makes up for its appearance. Anyway, it seems to me that collectors ignore these vulkanfibre helmets. I think they are really interesting! Well, I've got some chores to do today, so I'll sign off. Best regards, Jim G.

Great helmet Jim.
    A very good one to have.
    The decal is good and super rare great addition to your collection.
    This type of helmets is what makes collecting helmet fun.
    chris

Here the two together Jim.
    They do look very close the same.The detail on both are really well done.
    Two very nice looking decals.

chris
    M35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade HelmetM35 Style DD LW Vulkanfibre Parade Helmet

Great lid Jim! and I love the Adler on it.
    A very rare lid indeed, congrats and thanks for showing it

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast