Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M35 tricolor camo for review

Article about: Thoughts on this helmet. I've had this helmet with me all day, it is a m35 no decals, field repaint w/rough finish. It has 3 colors applied at some time after the field repaint. I think brus

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Helmet in the woods
    I give up - where is it?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 tricolor camo for review
    P
    Many

It is by a tree, the point I guess I was trying to make was what "we" think is bad maybe it's not when you put it in the environment to was intended to be in, not on a table or under lights being photographed.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Pictures were taken in the 20-30yard range, a lot closer than most soldiers would fight from.

Inside picture of another helmet
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 tricolor camo for review 

?

Camo is more about masking of silhouette and breaking up outlines than anything else. That being said, any slight movement can easily be detected and observed. Regardless, modern technology reveals heat signatures rendering visual camo useless in many cases.
    Regards,
    John

With that being said, what about an open dialog with putting my helmet on trial with the thoughts I presented. Marty

?

I stand by my original assessment. If you handle or study enough legitimate camo helmets, you get a feel for their nuance - age, patina, and wear.

An original helmet pimped up for one reason or another with modern camo paint.
    Regards,
    John

John with the argument and possible evidence and field photos I presented you stand by your first opinion... That is fair enough. One of the jury has voted as still a fake with NO possibility as being real.
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 07-27-2015 at 01:21 AM.

I've always wondered how a helmet like this worked in the mud of the Western front? ( but apparently it did)

I think what scares off people with yours is the vibrancy of the colors all these decades later even though it may have been bright when first done - and that rings alarm bells. The other thing is having a opinion divisive item is like living under power lines - it may not bother you but who would want to buy your house?

Just my opinion sir!
    Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 tricolor camo for review  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dan THAT is a very good point and is a concern for me if I decided one day to sell it and if it is real, someone else will think it's not and it starts all over again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast