Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?

Article about: So it's late on Sunday night here in Australia and I'm trawling that well known ( and often loathed by collectors ) online auction site. But, when you are NOT spoilt for choice there is not

Default M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?

So it's late on Sunday night here in Australia and I'm trawling that well known ( and often loathed by collectors ) online auction site. But, when you are NOT spoilt for choice there is not much else one can do.

So, I type in 'ww2 German helmet' ( as you do ) and I see this pop up .... just listed in Lithuania in the last hour.
    I rub my eyes, used to viewing crapola most of the time ...... surely not, & its a buy it now???

Quick as a flash, the trigger is pulled.

I think I scored well, what do you all reckon? ( I wont mention the price but it was embarrassing )
    ......now I hope it turns up!!!!! but I paid via PP so at least I can make a claim if it all goes pear shaped.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?   M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?  

M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?   M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?
    P
    Many

I think its alright and usually I think almost every German helmet is fake until told otherwise but i think this one is OK.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Do I see remnants of decals?
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Do I see remnants of decals?
    Yes you do Matt - so to my thinking it WAS once a double decal that has received one or more field repaints ( maybe a few going by the layering effect ) .... or once had a winter coat ( unless I'm imagining the specks of white on the rim and under the lip??

I'm also intrigued by the RSC or RSG on the liner??????

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Cracking lid with tons of character Dan. I do believe there is remnants of the decals, I can make out a clear shape on the right side Matt. Cheers, Sean.

4md
    ?

Looks ok from these photos Dan, good score

?

The occasional score on auction sites is possible when you know what to look for and Dan you know what to look for so you scored. It's the uninitiated that waste their time there because when your blind you cannot see.

The helmet I own which bears my name and a killer killer killer (did I say killer) WW1 Guard camo was also an eBay score. So there are helmets to be had there when you have sight! They are few and far between however.

Congratulations!

Nice one Dan , I think you have found a very nice helmet. As for the writing , it may be for the Regional Support Command 1st Company(as that's what it looks like!) but that is the best I can come up with?? I think it is an allied vets writing rather than a Germans. Leon.

jammy bugger.

I like!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast