Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 wl dd

Article about: Hello guys. Couple of days ago I've posted allready 2 camo helmets on the forum for review. This one is from the same lot I'm about to buy next monday. M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet. Can I have so

?

Default M35 wl dd

Hello guys. Couple of days ago I've posted allready 2 camo helmets on the forum for review. This one is from the same lot I'm about to buy next monday.
    M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet. Can I have some opinions on the decals please? Thank you very much.

M35 wl ddM35 wl ddM35 wl ddM35 wl ddM35 wl ddM35 wl dd

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 wl dd
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 wl dd

Hi Kris, I see no problems with the decals at all. Another nice helmet, although I think the liner may have been replaced judging by the near excellent condition it's in compared to the wear on the shell. Also the liner is not the early M35 "square bale" type, more like the type found in M40 helmets, but it could just be a re-issued helmet. I'm not keen on the chinstrap,that may be a repro but at the price your paying for these helmets I would not worry to much!! I hope you enjoy your new buys!! Leon.

?

Thank you very much for the good news Leon. :-)

?

Another question...

Do M35 allways have these "square bale" types of liners? Or do most of them get this form cause of age?

Hi, yes the M35 nearly always has that type of liner unless it has been factory refurbished and brought up to the "1940" standard,but then you will usually find that it has also had a complete re-paint and only displays a single decal. Leon. (UPDATE) Here are a couple of reference pictures for you. One is from my DD HEER M35 , showing the "square" bale, the other is from my SS SINGLE DECAL M42 , showing the much rounder type of bale that is also on the M40 model helmet liner. I hope this helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 wl dd   M35 wl dd  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 07-12-2013 at 09:05 AM.

?

Well thank you Leon. This helps indeed. I've learned something new because of you.
    So, if I understand it correctly, the liner doesn't belong to the helmet. Also not factory refurbished because it still has 2 decals?
    So, probably post war applied original M40 liner...!?

I agree with Leon on all counts. By the dust build up visible I'd say the liner has a decent chance of being wartime replaced, but who knows. If the liner is dated 1940 it would have a better chance of being factory installed, but I think it is later. Strap needs better pics I agree. Normally plain brown on a Luft M35.

I'd be proud of this one even if the liner is swapped out, it looks awesome.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Well thank you Leon. This helps indeed. I've learned something new because of you.
    So, if I understand it correctly, the liner doesn't belong to the helmet. Also not factory refurbished because it still has 2 decals?
    So, probably post war applied original M40 liner...!?
    That's correct Krisse, it is still a nice helmet though!! Leon.

Nice early Luft M-35 either way around I like it. Should have kept more I had they aren't easy to find the early ones. timothy

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'd be proud of this one even if the liner is swapped out, it looks awesome.
    So would I, looks great Krisse.

Brad.