Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M35 Zimmerit Camo

Article about: Hello guys Today I want you present my newest pickup A M35 Helmet zimmerit reissue in size 64 The Lot is unreadable The leather seem badly repaired Chinstrap is destroyed The zimmerit is ver

Phil,

I've read a lot of old threads on the use of Zimmerit and they all tend to end up with little to no consensus. I believe a blow torch was required to harden it so again a another reason not to bother using it. Having said that, a very thin coating may have dried of its own accord over a shorter period and if available why not!? I thinks it just that we don't really see any verified examples.

Just as an aside, I believe it was ant-magnetic only when applied to tanks etc in a certain thickness so testing a helmet (purported to be covered in Zimmerit) for anti magnetism would probably be an inconclusive test.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Zimmerit Camo
    P
    Many

Since Bavarian is currently selling this helmet and I am interested in it I asked for some more detail pics, I think it won't hurt to post them here either.
    Let me know what you think about it, because I'd like to be completely certain all is good.
    To me it looks like even the inner aluminium ring has been painted and the felt strip for the leather has largely been removed, also the liner leather is riveted in rather than held in by split pins.
    What do you think of these observations?
    Especially the inside dome, where the paint stops around the liner band and there transitions into light rust.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Zimmerit Camo   M35 Zimmerit Camo  

M35 Zimmerit Camo   M35 Zimmerit Camo  

Last edited by PotatoDigger; 04-01-2020 at 02:19 PM.

You can ask before you post pics that were not yours
    Please do it next time
    LG

Regards the discussion about Zimmerit paste on helmets. A thick coating of substance on a helmet does not necessarily mean that it is Zimmerit. This is a close up of my WW1 rimless Brodie. Lets say for the sake of argument the helmet was an M35 and not a Brodie, would you speculate whether it was Zimmerit?

Cheers,
    Steve

M35 Zimmerit CamoM35 Zimmerit Camo

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Regards the discussion about Zimmerit paste on helmets. A thick coating of substance on a helmet does not necessarily mean that it is Zimmerit. This is a close up of my WW1 rimless Brodie. Lets say for the sake of argument the helmet was an M35 and not a Brodie, would you speculate whether it was Zimmerit?

Cheers,
    Steve

M35 Zimmerit CamoM35 Zimmerit Camo
    You can bet if the substance applied to these helmets was chemically analysed, i'd be sure they are all a form of textured paint. I've no doubts though that the odd bored German squaddie tried the Zimmerit.

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    You can ask before you post pics that were not yours
    Please do it next time
    LG
    If you are selling , he is allowed to post it.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    If you are selling , he is allowed to post it.
    That would depend entirely upon whether Bavarian gave permission for them to be posted on the forum, he owns copyright.

Correct said harry the mole
    The owner of the picture have to give his ok to post some pictures of the Item that he want to sell
    BR

Bavarian

Well, fair enough, I hope that this won't pose too much of an issue, can't change much about it now anyway.
    Luis

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    That would depend entirely upon whether Bavarian gave permission for them to be posted on the forum, he owns copyright.
    Nonsense. Let him get a lawyer.

Bavarian is there any evidence of paint on the leather ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast