Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

M35 Zimmerit Camo

Article about: Hello guys Today I want you present my newest pickup A M35 Helmet zimmerit reissue in size 64 The Lot is unreadable The leather seem badly repaired Chinstrap is destroyed The zimmerit is ver

I think this would be paint but I am not shure
    BR
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Zimmerit Camo   M35 Zimmerit Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Zimmerit Camo
    P
    Many

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    I think this would be paint but I am not shure
    BR
    Bavarian
    The band is painted deeper so I would expect there to be a trace of paint more on the edge and where the rivet heads are.

Looks more like an M40 shell rather than an M35 judging by the rivet holes on the inside photos as they appear to be pressed not separate inserts as we see on M35 shells.Would be interesting to see the rear rivet too. Strange that the liner band is also painted, not just a little bit as can happen when applying a camo but almost completely covered, and yet no paint appears to be on the liner This would indicate that the liner was not in the shell when the interior was painted and if this was the case then why paint all over the band and not just remove it as well if re-issuing? I haven’t seen images of re-issues before with paint all over the band. Field re-issued? If so, typically you would only expect to see the outside and interior skirt painted and perhaps a little paint on the liner too but not all over the inside of the dome and liner band.

Thanks for the additional photos Luis. Personally, I would pass on this one.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 04-02-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Typo.

I ended up passing on it, because I had those questions, too.
    Just all not things I have seen before on reissued helmets.
    Seems like a lot of work to put in.. but for what?
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Bavarian,

With all due respect, if someone is selling a helmet whether it is a dealer or private collector, they should stand behind the item and fully expect the buyer to ask for opinions of the helmet. And the only way to do that is by posting the photos supplied to them if they do not have the helmet in hand.

Every day, all day, hundreds of times a day, this is what people do on the forum. Post items for a community evaluation on authentication.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Once a photo is posted ..that photo is the domain of the Warrelics forum and any person/s posting that photo should take into consideration the forum rules when applying to be a member or visitor of this site. Those visitors or new members take heed your own actions and any consequences you may incur from any outside parties in regards to their own photos posted by a 2nd party.

The Warrelics forum is NOT responsible for anyones actions in regards to posting anyones photos. Ask permission first from the primary photo owner before entering onto this website ! We have been over this time and time again about copyright laws and lawyers etc.
    Take into consideration of former members as their photos are still here. ..please dont further this thread about Legalities of photos. Dont post them here without getting permission first from the primary owner.

Please everyone stay within topic !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

As stated zimmerit was used on tanks as non magnetic coating.
    I work in the OR and they still use zimmerit on total knees as a type of grout that holds the implants to the bone.
    One of the problems with the cement is that when it's drying it emits pure acetylene gas- and it's super flammable.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5