Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M38 gladiator DD police rare variation

Article about: Here a new addition to the collection. A M38 gladiator DD police with a Prototype or small commercially made Decal. This decals are more often seen on Gladiator types helmets or Beaded helme

The decal damage may have come from a bad printing process or absence of lacquer , EF M35 helmet decals also suffered from something similar both LW and Heer.
    Nice to see something new because I reckon these are very scarce.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 gladiator DD police rare variation
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The decal damage may have come from a bad printing process or absence of lacquer , EF M35 helmet decals also suffered from something similar both LW and Heer.
    Nice to see something new because I reckon these are very scarce.
    Thank you Frank.
    chris

I am glad I was able to add this helmet to the collection.
    Must give a big thank you to Joe and Jules for helping me get it.
    chris

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Chris that is a really nice lid. Congratulation on the find if the rest of us could only be so lucky or have your money.
    Marty
    Thank you
    Chris

?

It is a beauty friend.
    I believe that Schwerpunkt is right. No lacquer to protect the decal to keep the print from flaking off.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It is a beauty friend.
    I believe that Schwerpunkt is right. No lacquer to protect the decal to keep the print from flaking off.
    Thank you Steve
    chris

?

I've never seen or heard of the private made police decal before. Can you post the party decal closeup head on Chris? The party decal is also unusual. Jim do you have other pics of this police decal? Seems strange to me they'd copy an ET police decal when they could have bought or been supplied with them like other manufacturers were with ET style decals than print their own version of it. I'd like to see this one through the 20x and 200x magnification as well.

?

Chris posted closeups on GHW2.

With his new pics I do like these decals and it's nice to see something new and interesting! Application of these appears to be consistent on helmets like these.

Jim can you post yours?

Thank you Doug.
    chris

Quote by DougB View Post
    Chris posted closeups on GHW2.

With his new pics I do like these decals and it's nice to see something new and interesting! Application of these appears to be consistent on helmets like these.

Jim can you post yours?
    I am glad you like it.
    Finding this helmet was a great addition to the collection.
    chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast