MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M38 gladiator DD police rare variation

Article about: Here a new addition to the collection. A M38 gladiator DD police with a Prototype or small commercially made Decal. This decals are more often seen on Gladiator types helmets or Beaded helme

Congratulations, Chris...A beautiful example!
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 gladiator DD police rare variation
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Chris posted closeups on GHW2.

With his new pics I do like these decals and it's nice to see something new and interesting! Application of these appears to be consistent on helmets like these.

Jim can you post yours?

Hi Doug, Regrettably, I don't have one but Thursday night Al B. stopped by so we could take some pictures of some of his helmets. He brought his STONE MINT example of his - same decals, same shell style, same maker - identical components in all respects to Chris' piece. He has had his since the early '80s' if I recall what he said (he may have said the '70s'). ALL of the ones I have seen in hand, in pictures (one was just sold on a dealer's site, Alsace Direct Militaria), or heard about (Don's) are just like this one, and Al's example dates back a few decades. I don't think fakers would have taken the time to locate identical gladiator shells to put fake decals on that long ago when a stone mint real gladiator Luftschutz Police would go for about $50! Congrats to Chris for adding this rare bird! I am still on the hunt for one. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Doug, Regrettably, I don't have one but Thursday night Al B. stopped by so we could take some pictures of some of his helmets. He brought his STONE MINT example of his - same decals, same shell style, same maker - identical components in all respects to Chris' piece. He has had his since the early '80s' if I recall what he said (he may have said the '70s'). ALL of the ones I have seen in hand, in pictures (one was just sold on a dealer's site, Alsace Direct Militaria), or heard about (Don's) are just like this one, and Al's example dates back a few decades. I don't think fakers would have taken the time to locate identical gladiator shells to put fake decals on that long ago when a stone mint real gladiator Luftschutz Police would go for about $50! Congrats to Chris for adding this rare bird! I am still on the hunt for one. Jim G.
    Thank you Jim .
    chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3