Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40

Article about: Hello All, This is the first time I post on this forum but I have read very helpfull posts in the past. I am from South Africa and I have the chance to buy a M40 helmet. According to the sel

?

Cool M40

Hello All,

This is the first time I post on this forum but I have read very helpfull posts in the past.
    I am from South Africa and I have the chance to buy a M40 helmet.
    According to the seller it is a Dutch helmet but there is a Luftwaffe decal on it? Slim chance but is it not perhaps a genuine Luftwaffe M40 helmet?
    The wear looks natural to me but what's your feeling on this one?
    The seller wants R 2500(Rand) about 325USD.
    It seems that someone have tried to remove the liner?

Do you think it is worth the selling price?
    Unfortunately this is all photos I have for now.

Regards from SA
    Smoky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40   M40  

M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40

Decal looks decent enough, but its very salty and I think for the asking price you can do better. Unless you can talk him down a fair way I would leave this one be

Jason

?

Thanks for your reply Jason

Regards
    Smoky

Hi Smoky,
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not a helmet expert but it looks like a genuine M40 German Luftwaffe helmet to me. Maybe it "came" from Holland??
    An SE64 but the stamp and the number at the rear is the lot number. The eagle decal also looks good as well as the old original liner.
    But I would think US$325 is just a tad too high ..... see if you can knock him down a bit.

Dan

Hi Smoky, I've bought better condition helmets than this for less. Either get the seller to come way down or move on.
    Unfortunately down here, everything German is imagined to be worth "millions", so to speak. It actually costs me less to buy from overseas than locally these days, go figure.

Tom

?

Thanks for all the replies.

Tom seeing that you are also on this side of the world, what would you say is a fair price?

Regards

Dewald