Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?

Article about: This is a late war refurbished beaded shell, repainted inside and out ordnance tan, and refitted with an ersatz leather liner and plastic chin strap. It is an EF62 shell, and there is little

Default M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?

This is a late war refurbished beaded shell, repainted inside and out ordnance tan, and refitted with an ersatz leather liner and plastic chin strap. It is an EF62 shell, and there is little doubt why it failed to meet combat ballistics specifications. I have been told that these were issued to NSKK transportation personnel, but I have no independent verification for this. There is an interesting ink stamp on the interior of the liner. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?   M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?  

M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?   M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?  

M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?   M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?  

M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Beaded Helmet - Ordnance Tan - EF62 - Lot # 855?
    P
    Many

Very nice one and great info.
    chris

?

Very nice beaded lid Jim, in fact its the first one I've seen in a long while with a plastic strap especially in such good condition, the reason is obvious for the bead but even that is slightly deformed lol

Great late war example with the "Ersatz"-hardware...thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

Nice lid Jim, I would have said Volksturm without the NSKK info.

Hi Jim , interesting late war "beady" , thanks for giving us a look! Leon.

Nice late war lid Jim, a great one to see.

Cheers
    Jason

?

Very nice and complete example Jim

Brad.

Great looking helmet, very interesting... must be a rather scarce variant! Also, as mentioned earlier, cool to see one of those plastic chinstraps again --- even though I've only been collecting for a short time they seem to be a lot scarcer than the leather ones.

?

very good exemple.