MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104

Article about: Here is a helmet I have had forever, a large (size 68) beaded Luftschutz, with about 98% paint and 97% decal, complete with a size 59 ersatz liner and cheesy chinstrap with a cheap aluminum

Default M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104

Here is a helmet I have had forever, a large (size 68) beaded Luftschutz, with about 98% paint and 97% decal, complete with a size 59 ersatz liner and cheesy chinstrap with a cheap aluminum buckle. The strap is thin cheap leather, and is missing a portion of the long piece. The decal was applied a little off center which isn't initially noticeable, but is very apparent in the pictures. There are just a few chips in the decal, and some storage wear on the shell, but otherwise it is in good shape. I like the look of these beaded shells, and like the big sizes especially. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104   M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104  

M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104   M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104  

M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104   M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104  

M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104
    P
    Many

That's a real "sweet" minty example you have there Jim , you must have a wall as big as Doug's for all these quality lids! Leon.

?

Great lid, Jim! I agree with Leon, this is a minty example and one of the sweetest ones I've seen for a while. I noticed the bead is slightly higher toward the front, which is interesting.
    I'm also the proud owner of a near-mint Quist 68 M40 ND. but the liner is black and it has a different chinstrap set up..also, yours has three cork liner spacer/pads whereas mine has four. Goes to show that there were many different styles and variations used .
    Thanks for sharing this beauty with us, these are among my favorite type of helmets from the TR era. I sometimes feel they are not appreciated as much as other stahlhelm of the time.
    Cheers,
    Dean.

a great example.

?

Very nice one.

Quote by Dean View Post
    I noticed the bead is slightly higher toward the front, which is interesting.
    This tool is a bead roller for sheet metal ( rolls a stiffening bead into flat steel ) and probably a similar device with a longer reach was used for the beaded helmets ( & maybe automated too ) Point is, the bead can 'climb' as the helmet is pulled around by the tool.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Beaded Luftschutz - Q68 - Lot # 104  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Real nice LS! timothy

?

They don't get much cleaner than that very nice example

?

I must agree with the consensus here.
    That is a real treasure of a beaded lid Jim, WOW

Brad.

A tidy example Jim. One of these was my first proper unmessed helmet when I began collecting in earnest. Sold now but I really should get another.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast