Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

m40 beaded yellow rivets?

Article about: hi guys got this on a whim and i noticed the liner looks norwegian postwar but its the yellow rivets that bugs under the black crude overpaint there is yellow rivets and the decals are most

Default m40 beaded yellow rivets?

hi guys got this on a whim and i noticed the liner looks norwegian postwar but its the yellow rivets that bugs me, under the black crude overpaint there is yellow rivets and the decals are most definately fakes and the nr 6150 in the back and ns64 on the side my followup question is can i salvage any paint underneath the overpaint

cheers DSm40 beaded yellow rivets?m40 beaded yellow rivets?m40 beaded yellow rivets?m40 beaded yellow rivets?m40 beaded yellow rivets?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m40 beaded yellow rivets?
    P
    Many

Yes, modern liner, paintwork and decal. I wouldnt hold out much hope for original paint under there, but you can always do an exploratory bit of paint removal with acetone and cotton buds if you are in doubt. It look from the pictures like you wont find anything interesting though.

ok as i thought then but thanks for fast response and merry christmas i paid about 100$ with shipping thought it would fit with my polizei m34 and since i havent seen a beaded m40 on a swedish site i snagged it

cheers

- - ------- - -

but what does dri mean and under it 44 its on the inside of the liner

and should i refurbish it by stripping of all paint if nothing is underneath because i think it looks pretty crude i think it has been sprayed and then left to drip dry

The yellow is found on post war German fireman helmets,

so is it reissued after the war then?

Yes, this is a wartime shell originally. I think there is no harm is stripping the paint off it and doing a better job yourself.

Yes I think used post war but still a wartime shell so you could restore it