Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M40 Camo Full-Basket Wire

Article about: Hi All, The story with this one is that it was brought back by a vet of aTank Destroyer Battalion. The reason why the wire looks so good after all these years is that it is zinc coated. The

?

Default Re: M40 Camo Full-Basket Wire

My KM chickenwire has galvanized wire, I believe. See how it has corroded and rusted where it is chipped. Of course mine is much saltier than yours, so I wouldn't expect this level of corrosion.

Don't mean to step on your thread but you might want to look closely at your helmet with a loupe. Ken will take it back if you don't like it.

M40 Camo Full-Basket WireM40 Camo Full-Basket WireM40 Camo Full-Basket WireM40 Camo Full-Basket Wire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo Full-Basket Wire
    P
    Many

Thanks Narvik, I don't like being unsure of something I own that was stated to be 100% genuine. Since that question may never be answered I will send it back, but not until I hear from him. I also bought an M34 Panzer and M43 Field cap from him that i have not received yet and emailed him to send me my money back instead of the stuff....I don't need the bullshit. When you spend thousands on items there should be NO questions asked about authenticity.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I do not care who sold it. ...Not it has to be good because Ken B sold it.....
    On the WAH forum a long time collector bought a generals cap from Bill Shea. Upon close inspection the cap proved to be a fake. BUT Bill Shea sold it. SO What.
    Hi Steve, I think you misunderstand me as that's not what I'm saying (that because Ken or Bill sold something it must be good). I simply stated where it came from because someone in the thread they thought they saw it, and said Ken is pretty good with wires because he has handled a lot of them, but that's just a blanket statement not an endorsement of the helmet because of where it came from.

Regarding this helmet like Scott says don't pass judgement unless your sure. I am not comfortable forming any opinion on this helmet as its not a one looker to me and I do not consider myself qualified to judge this helmet in public based on these pics, or Kensold pics which I do not remember.

Steve, that was me who bought the shitty Generals visor from Shea as I am sure you know . Yes I bought it from Bill trusting his experience as it was outside my area of expertise, and now I have some expertise on Generals crushers and what to look for in some bad ones! I also won't bother with looking for another one again LOL. Your right, seller doesn't matter the item does as does provenance.

So if your not comfortable with it Max send it back. I would personally wait for a one looker myself.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    ...I also bought an M34 Panzer and M43 Field cap from him that i have not received yet and emailed him to send me my money back instead of the stuff....I don't need the bullshit.

I wanto be a fly on the wall when Ken reads that email....

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    Thanks, Doug has seen the original pics from his site....sorry I can't do better as a photog. But I did accuse him of selling me a fake chickenwire helmet; maybe he has more proof.
    Why would you accuse him , based one what ? This topic with the vague pics ?
    I find that pretty weak. In defence of Ken , he probably handled more original wire helmets in his life than 9/10 of the people giving their opinion here.
    Wire helmets are at best one looker originals but most of the time their beauty is in the eye of the beholder , no science comes into play here. They are tough just as white camo's are tough to authenticate.
    Learn about helmets before you try your hand at the tough ones and make up your own mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3