Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Camo helmet opinions

Article about: I know some people do not like Camo helmet because if all the if’s and but’s, this one has caught my eye though. You can see where the decal lays underneath the paint, and the liner looks go

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I’ve seen this one and really like it too. Also, the dealer is one of the best in the business and I’ve baught two helmets from him before and the service is great.

Balls in your court.
    Yep. I have bought from this dealer since the late 1980's but have bought a lot less frequently lately (in fact only one item in 2018) because of the next sentence. I love everything about him except some of his prices. In particular I think his prices on helmets are well above market value.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo helmet opinions
    P
    Many

Cool looking yes...but not at $1200. $750-800 maybe
    D.

Quote by TWS View Post
    Yep. I have bought from this dealer since the late 1980's but have bought a lot less frequently lately (in fact only one item in 2018) because of the next sentence. I love everything about him except some of his prices. In particular I think his prices on helmets are well above market value.
    Todd..have "broke bread" on a few occasions at dinner with him. A really nice guy IMO. However...$$ first...all else second. Last helmet I bought from him was 2008. Helmets are at least 25% over market rate. That's why many sit there for a year or longer

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Todd..have "broke bread" on a few occasions at dinner with him. A really nice guy IMO. However...$$ first...all else second. Last helmet I bought from him was 2008. Helmets are at least 25% over market rate. That's why many sit there for a year or longer
    For sure. Bill is a great guy and a great conversationalist. It's always interesting to talk with him. As you know, at big shows there is sometimes a line to get the chance to speak with him face to face. He is a celebrity within the hobby, LOL. Occasionally you may find some one taking a pot shot at him, but IMO he is completely honest - but like any human being might make a mistake every once in a great while.

His business plan is a good one and has been successful: Be as honest as humanly possible and offer great service and a great guarantee. Over the many years he has been in business with that model, his reputation has (justly) been built up. Now he can charge a premium because of that reputation, and he does. As a young collector when I first started doing business with him roughly 30 years ago, his prices were very comparable with dealers in general.

I do not mean this explanation to be critical, just an explanation of how his business plan has worked. I really like the guy!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Well to elaborate further in regards to helmets. They are his #1 passion & always were. His financial situation dictates he does not need to sell. He loves them & prefers keeping them all, but if you want to pay the price...he will let them go. Yes...he has made millions over the years. Not a bad line of work
    D

Exactly Todd. I tend to just look now but more out curiosity.

A very nice M42, but over priced in my eye's as well, but hey, if you like it and can afford it then why not!! Leon.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Helmets are at least 25% over market rate. That's why many sit there for a year or longer
    This is probably a good thing for us buying helmets - hopefully it helps to keep other dealers 'in check' and not let their prices snowball out of control.
    I sometimes look at his site and lust after many of the helmets, but the prices keep me from buying.
    nick

TWS
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I sometimes look at his site and lust after many of the helmets, but the prices keep me from buying.
    nick
    I do the same exact thing Nick. You don't want to buy at that mark up over fair market because if you need to sell a piece, you'll take a big hit. Plus shopping around to get better prices involves the thrill of the hunt and also the fact that ultimately you end up with a larger collection for same money.

Unfortunately I think a couple dealers have taken the opposite interpretation: they see the prices on that website and think they should raise the price of their own helmets.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2