Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 camo wired

Article about: Recently purchased I had to make an on the spot decision, I believe it to be original and the wire and helmet shows no rust. Manufacturer ET 64, No: 237.

Default Re: M40 camo wired

It starts with the paint color which is all wrong and an eagle that flew away without a trace. End of story.
    But I'm sure you'll be happy with it either way as was so often the case when fakes in your collection were pointed out to you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40  camo wired
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It starts with the paint color which is all wrong and an eagle that flew away without a trace. End of story.
    But I'm sure you'll be happy with it either way as was so often the case when fakes in your collection were pointed out to you.
    Hmmmmm not nice!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hmmmmm not nice!
    Check his post record.

Quote by reichss View Post
    Hi all,the general consensus is the liner is post war so I've enclosed some close-up photos of the underside of liner plus close-ups of the wire.
    There is a stamp on the reverse of liner which I hope some of you might identify.
    With the wire, look closely at the underside of the wire where the helmet surface is bleached, would this not be indicative of the helmet being exposed to the sun over a period of time, Also the ingrained detritus in the twists, would this have formed prior to placing on the helmet or as a result of being in the field. It looks to me as if at some point the wire surface has been cleaned.
    I am not trying to defend the indefensible, just wish to clear up some anomalies.
    i really don't see why you don't post pictures before you buy as everyone else does you've had a lot of experts tell you its repro accept it i think this is the third thread which has been the same................

My apoligies guys, especially to Talltom and Schwerpunkt, for thinking this forum was for discussion and to learn, instead a lot of cynical remarks from some but fortunately not all members.

Please bear in mind that many members have already collected items BEFORE they discovered the forum. This of course is not ideal and then comes the sometimes unpleasant task of posting items for opinions and hearing potential bad news.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade thank you, you've hit the nail on the head. I guess it takes all kinds so the minority of members who criticise me with no idea of the facts will just be ignored for their lack of understanding and narrowmindedness.
    I really only post items of my collection that I'm unsure of hoping for more learned opinions.
    Regards Brad.

ps, I might add all of these items were obtained ten, fifteen even twenty years ago, unfortunately we did not have recourse to sites like this back then.

?

[QUOTE=reichss;449769]Ade thank you, you've hit the nail on the head. I guess it takes all kinds so the minority of members who criticise me with no idea of the facts will just be ignored for their lack of understanding and narrowmindedness.
    I really only post items of my collection that I'm unsure of hoping for more learned opinions.
    Regards Brad.

Yes reichss, but you could also experiment with showing a little understanding for the people whom might criticize you. All sorts of people here post less than desirable items for not so nice reasons. That makes some people a little edgy. Not that i have been one of them, but i sure understand them. This is just how it is sometimes on forums. This forum though, has by far the best politeness among members, so take it easy my friend. Nuff said.

Quote by reichss View Post
    ps, I might add all of these items were obtained ten, fifteen even twenty years ago, unfortunately we did not have recourse to sites like this back then.
    I thought that the thread started with the representation that this helmet was "recently purchased" ...Or was it from a French Uncle? Sorry, but the provenance of several of the helmets related in these threads has been, how does one put it delicately - somewhat fluid. It would be easier for some members to be less blunt if the posts were more forthright. Just an observation from someone with no dog in the fight.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast