Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Camo for your review

Article about: IMO, it is a post war camo paint job, not recent but post war regardless. Liner is original, but may or may not be original to the shell (no way to be sure from the pics), but it's been ther

Nice liner and shell in my opinion but im not a fan of the camo.
    Cheers
    Nuno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo for your review
    P
    Many

Better pictures are needed ,But I do not like what I see.
    chris

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The paint looks really pretty, but not old IMHO, but better pics might help or at least if those posted were directly to the site where you could then have a proper look at them rather than linked might help. Even then, still needs better pics in daylight to really tell, but to my eyes not period done.
    I second that not a one looker for me at least I see some patina but not 70 year old patina nice helmet otherwise. timothy

I'm just waiting for some nice close ups before I discount it out of hand. I appreciate it is extremely unusual in it's cammo effect but I have seen similar colour configurations(although I do admit, not as elaborate) on Kriegsmarine helmets. Leon.

I agree with you Leon what cammo patterns I have seen like that has Been KM or Kostal Artillery. Maybe outdoors would be better to see as the way it is now just not doing it. timothy

I'm thinking this is a good shell and liner, but with postwar camo. Probably applied by a veterans kid in the 50s which is why it has such age to it. It also seems to have some fairly red rust on it too, but that just might be the lighting (or lack thereof).

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    I'm thinking this is a good shell and liner, but with postwar camo. Probably applied by a veterans kid in the 50s which is why it has such age to it. It also seems to have some fairly red rust on it too, but that just might be the lighting (or lack thereof).
    I agree that you could be quite right , but I would still like to see some nice close ups to be sure as this is a helmet worth two or three looks at to me. Leon.

?

Real or not, it's been bought by someone (on ebay) for 2000 bucks!

more pics... not the best

I like it, personally, but it's tough to say what this is exactly. It could have been some old art deco piece or a period coastal artillery camo. Who knows? It's visually appealing, though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast