Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M40 Camo for your review

Article about: IMO, it is a post war camo paint job, not recent but post war regardless. Liner is original, but may or may not be original to the shell (no way to be sure from the pics), but it's been ther

?

IMO, it is a post war camo paint job, not recent but post war regardless.
    Liner is original, but may or may not be original to the shell (no way to be sure from the pics), but it's been there for a long time.
    But one thing that stands out for me about the lid, is the left hand liner pin colour not being the same as the immediate surrounding areas from what I can tell.
    For me that is a big red flag, and I would like to see the rear pin colour.
    Just my opinion.

Brad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo for your review
    P
    Many

Quote by Lidman View Post
    IMO, it is a post war camo paint job, not recent but post war regardless.
    Liner is original, but may or may not be original to the shell (no way to be sure from the pics), but it's been there for a long time.
    But one thing that stands out for me about the lid, is the left hand liner pin colour not being the same as the immediate surrounding areas from what I can tell.
    For me that is a big red flag, and I would like to see the rear pin colour.
    Just my opinion.

Brad.
    Hi , with these extra images alongside the original ones I too can now see that pin colour is not the same as the surrounding paint. Also the paint appears to go under the pins in a nice smooth and even fashion. I would be very suprised if the liner was period removed for the cammo to be applied then re-fitted. An odd one , i'm now leaning towards a very old post war cammo job but I would like to see some images of the liner pins!! Leon.

?

I'm not convinced on this being period camo, for one , the paint is very smooth in certain areas, as if applied with a very small brush, that leaves no brush strokes, or a very fine spray paint, then other areas have a thicker applied paint with heavy strokes, yet the thin paint has very little rust and the heavier coating has a lot of rust bleeding, surely it should be the opposite, the fact of the liner pin being a different colour,could mean a replacement either period or post applied I think the only way to tell for sure would be to see the liner ring interior

No good.

Please do not use outside image hosting sites. Use the forum's image hosting program. See here:

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

The Forum's Original and EASY TO USE Image Hosting Feature

Many thanks.

Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3