Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!

Article about: Hello, I would appreciate a few opinions on this helmet as to whether or not it is real, thanks! -Timothy - - Updated - - Click on photos to enlarge, cheers!

WW2collecter97
    ?

Default M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!

Hello,

I would appreciate a few opinions on this helmet as to whether or not it is real, thanks!

-Timothy

- - Updated - -

Click on photos to enlarge, cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!   M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!  

M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!   M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!  

2. # ADS

Default Re: M40 DAK Camo Opinions Needed!

M'mmmm salty, I like it - maybe some whitewash residue around the rivets??? which may mean Russian front rather than North Africa.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I concur with Dan, it looks right straight away to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm usually paranoid about camo's -what with 9 out of 10 being faked, of late, but I have to admit, this one looks like the real deal to me also.

That's a thundering big Dent in the dome of it too-I don't think the guy wearing it at the time liked it too much...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I give it a chance. I like the patina of the paint.

Quote by Wagriff View Post

That's a thundering big Dent in the dome of it too-I don't think the guy wearing it at the time liked it too much...
    You're right Will, whatever it was, it was motoring! Looks like from back to front to me, it almost appears to have stress fractures emanating from either side and curving inwards as they travelled forward. Not the sort of thing I'd expect from a faker with a lump hammer, it looks real.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm not feeling good about this one. Better photos are needed.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm usually paranoid about camo's -what with 9 out of 10 being faked, of late, but I have to admit, this one looks like the real deal to me also.

Depends on which ten you look at of course ;-)
    I don't think this one is a one looker , better photos of the paint are needed. Is there a sign of a decal ?

Hi there,it,s a tough call on the originality of the "cammo" on this one, i can,t really see the texture of the paint or any signs of a decal underneath it.Also i note that there are a lot of scratches to the surface that are of a uniform size,that is usually a red flag to me.The dent also does not look like a ordanance strike as the paint is intact in that area,it's more like it has been run over by a very heavy vehicle,the helmets whole shape has been distorted in the last picture!! I think on the whole i would pass on this one,just my opinion, Leon.

?

I can see why folk are saying it's good and agree with Leon it could be a tough call but for me the wear doesn't sit correctly or in the right areas for such a well worn , salty , combat worn lid , i'd also like to see some closer shots of the paintwork,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast