Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Double decal heer opinions ?

Article about: Hi there, Up for scrutiny is my newly accuired double decal M40. I would like your honest opinions on it. I bought it from a trustworthy local dealer who gives warranty on originality. A cou

Totally agree with all if you can't find any stamps in side of helmet like ET, SE Q 64 etc and no lot number on the back then it is a early BW for border guard use early ones did have outside rivits later the liner was glued to top. Decals aren't any good and as Leon said M-40 double decal are extremely rare and not found except in advanced collections. Get a refund if you can or sell to a reanactor or somebody wanting it for a cheap display. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Double decal heer opinions ?
    P
    Many

If the guy has offered your money back thats great, so don't worry about it, if the truth be known we all get burned and it will make you a better collector by default as you will ask better questions of any prospective future purchases, and as has been said "Germanys combat helmets" is indeed as fantastic reference book.

Bob

?

Aww jeez. I hope you can get a refund.
    This (as the lads are saying) is no good from top to bottom.

Edit. forgot to say welcome aboard.

Brad.

?

Hi all,
    Well it appears matters have been resolved. Seller was disappoited that he sold me this helmet. I don't think he ment to rip me off since it is a realy small world, WW2 collectors and dealers in my country. It would not get one very far, selling junk. I'm just glad it will work itself out. Still, if i didn't start the thread I'd be ..(you know what I mean) . So thank you all for the replies and welcoming me to the forum. I should have joined earlier. I'm sure I'll enjoy this forum even more in the future.

Cheers,

Chas
    PS. I guess this means the thread can be closed? Excuse the rookie for not having a clue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2