Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 EF Heer Winter Camo

Article about: Agreed mate, but a good camera is the price of a nice helmet (or half of one.... or...) sometimes too. But then again, what is the fun without being able to share them with you good people

Default M40 EF Heer Winter Camo

I'm sure this helmet will look familiar to many of you. It comes from Paul E and arrived on my doorstep last week. A busy weekend kept me from doing a photo shoot until late yesterday, so the outdoor lighting was a little darker than I would typically want, but it's rain here for the next few days and I just couldn't wait Hope you like it

M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    M40 EF Heer Winter Camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 EF Heer Winter Camo
    P
    Many

?

Like it a lot. Congrats.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 EF Heer Winter Camo  

a real beaut todd

Great looking lid!....

No problem with the lighting in those pics. What a helmet!! Being new I haven't seen it yet, so thanks for sharing.

Why is there no paint on the rivet heads? Has the liner been replaced?

Nice to see it finally up, I've been itching to see the new pics since you told me it landed. In your pics it does look a bit cleaned, but doesn't detract IMO. Glad to see the pins are untouched, I was wondering about that since the white doesn't show on them too much. Paints adhere differently to the shell and pins due to metal content and I suppose being a raised surface contributes too. I think the liner is the original one and it's all unmolested. A rare one mate, congrats

You really need to run me through your photography sometime. I'm going to reshoot all my lids this year as the pics on half the threads are quite poor.... My girlfriend's mother's cat decided to piss on my camera over Xmas, so that has made the decision to upgrade at some point a bit easier. I took it apart and cleaned with alcohol, but I can't quite get out of my mind that it was once briefly a cat toilet

Love it, love it, love it in a straight man kind of way. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks for the comments this far.

@ Glenn: Best I can tell the liner is original and the pins are good. The band is tight to the shell with the kind of dust and dirt you like to see gathered between the band and shell. I tried to photograph those aspects yesterday but the natural light was too weak and the flash too inconsistent to capture any of it very well. There are low points of white paint on the pins and behind the pins. I do suspect this helmet was cleaned at some point, I think a long time ago, which may have contributed to the lack of paint on the pins. And we all know of 100% helmets with great paint on the shells but almost no paint on the pins.

@Andy: sorry to hear your camera was converted to a litter box. You're a serious and committed helmet collector so it's about time you sunk some serious cash into a really good camera. I actually redid by camera set up for this shoot and the shoot I did on the field police visor in the clot headgear section. The next time we get a decent weather day I will set up the "studio" and take a few shots to show how I did this shoot. I was much happier with this photo shoot.

with a decal as well,great.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast