Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 ef62 sd km?

Article about: by John Brandon Both of the large decals are sadly fake. The Middle one. Like you say looks Ok. But it is the newt type of fake that's going around. But fake it is. Guaranteed Any more info

?

Default M40 ef62 sd km?

My friend just got this lid out of the woodwork for a reeaallyy good deal along with a WWI doughboy helmet in great shape.

The German helmet is DunkelGrau in sand finish . The paint and decal are in minty condition. My friend thought it was Heer but the vibrant gold metallic Adler made me think KM.

The liner is in great shape with string and all pins are intact,tight and unmessed with. The original chinstrap came with it but is at my friends house. It was replaced with one I'm not familiar with, maybe BW? The original one is broken in a couple places.

So what do you guys think, a good KM? I'll try to take better pictures of the decal.
    Danke,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ef62 sd  km?   M40 ef62 sd  km?  

M40 ef62 sd  km?   M40 ef62 sd  km?  

M40 ef62 sd  km?   M40 ef62 sd  km?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ef62 sd  km?
    P
    Many

That is a really nice one. I'm fairly certain it is not a KM. A KM would have a much deeper gold color. A straight on shot would verify it. Congratulations to him

I believe it is a heers. Nice helmet. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Definitely HEER, but a very nice one indeed! Jim G.

Hi Dean , a nice helmet that is a one look HEER for me too, it is nowhere near "gold" enough for a KM. The image of the decal does make it look worryingly like a sticker but that is probably just the angle of the sunlight. Can you get a nice straight on shot of it? Leon.

?

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I apologize for the poor quality photos, I used my iPad and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you own one.

Okay, about the color of the Adler , you would be surprised how vivid the gold is in hand (or with a better camera, for that matter!) but the sun must have washed out the gold color.

Guys, I am telling you this decal is CERTAINLY metallic gold and positively NOT yellowed from age, in fact this helmet has been kept in a very hospitable climate and away from the elements .

The story is, it was hanging up in the garage by the chinstrap and that explains why it broke. It remained in the garage for most of its life and was never played around with except for one time when the owner let his son wear it to a school play in the 1970's and this is apparently when the present chinstrap was added.

Either way, I could try to convince you guys it's a metallic gold Adler until I'm blue in the face and some of you guys might even take my word as...well.."gold" (yuk yuk) but what I really need to do to prove my case is get better straight on, up close images for you guys to be sure. When I looked at it outside in the direct sunlight, it was case-closed, no question what color it was.

NOTE:
    The image below is a blow up of an existing pic in the original post and not a new one. I'll get my friend to send me more images ASAP.

Dean.
    Attached Images Attached Images M40 ef62 sd  km? 

KM decals are layered absolutely completely different to Heer ones. This is a heer decal. Can you get a straight shot of it without flash. Something does not sit right with it for me

Here are three photos of KM Decals

Both of the large ones are fake believe it or not.

The smaller one ( called Navy) is real

Against a toned decal, you can see a massive difference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ef62 sd  km?   M40 ef62 sd  km?  

Attached Images Attached Images M40 ef62 sd  km? 

?

Thanks for the examples of decals for reference.the decal On the lid I posted has the "metal flake" in the gold no doubt in my mind and doesn't resemble toned decals I remember seeing, IMO .

Mm You guys will see what I mean very shortly when I wake my buddy up and have some better shots taken.

This is getting pretty exciting for me to get to the bottom of this query. I'm trying to brush up a bit more on the particulars and characteristics these decals hold.
    Last edited by Dean; 06-13-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Not all KM decals are layered, the later war EF KM decal seen on many M42's is an example. That second bird you posted looks good to me John.

This one does look like a Heer from the pic so far, but lets see what he comes up with regarding the new pics.

Both of the large decals are sadly fake. The Middle one. Like you say looks Ok. But it is the newt type of fake that's going around. But fake it is. Guaranteed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast