Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 ef62 sd km?

Article about: by John Brandon Both of the large decals are sadly fake. The Middle one. Like you say looks Ok. But it is the newt type of fake that's going around. But fake it is. Guaranteed Any more info

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Both of the large decals are sadly fake. The Middle one. Like you say looks Ok. But it is the newt type of fake that's going around. But fake it is. Guaranteed
    Any more info on that one John? I'd be curious to know it's origins etc for reference. Relevant threads etc?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ef62 sd  km?
    P
    Many

Yes I can guarantee that it is fake. I bought it! and lost a lot of money on it. It was pulled up by Frank on GHW a few years ago. Trust me I never believed it. I even took microscope pictures to try and prove that it was ok, but there were enough people that agreed it was fake, for me to pull it and loose money. That's why I spent hours and hours, and ££££££ getting it right on helmets. I have not made the same mistake twice. When you get caught, you learn very quickly.

I'm not sure if Frank still posts on here, but I'm sure Doug will remember it. It caused quite a stir

Like the helmet Dean, good catch!

John, can you let us know what is was that made people decide it was a fake decal? Thanks.

?

Thanks centigas although it isn't mine (yet! ....I'm working on him)
    I can't wait to see what the outcome is on this decal...either way, it's a fine lid straight out of the woodwork.

Yep it is a fine lid - definately worth pestering your mate for. Day and night if necessary!!

The two large decals are certainly fake. The give away on the top one is that the black background and eagle are too lightly colored. The other one is bad because the bird is too fat. The details though are quite good for a fake.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I even took microscope pictures to try and prove that it was ok, but there were enough people that agreed it was fake, for me to pull it and loose money. That's why I spent hours and hours, and ££££££ getting it right on helmets. I have not made the same mistake twice. When you get caught, you learn very quickly.

I know how you feel trying to convince everybody that a helmet is original. It stinks having spent a large sum on an attractive helmet just to have people then bash it to pieces while putting your knowledge on trial. Nobody likes being wrong, especially when it results in a huge financial loss. I've had to swallow reality more than once after posting on the forum. But it's really a good thing in the end. You gain knowledge and are rescued from a potentially worse reality down the road (when you try to trade or sell the fake item).

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Dean , a nice helmet that is a one look HEER for me too, it is nowhere near "gold" enough for a KM. The image of the decal does make it look worryingly like a sticker but that is probably just the angle of the sunlight. Can you get a nice straight on shot of it? Leon.
    +1, I'll wait for a better pic before I comment further.

Brad.

?

IMO ,, it's a Huber Jordan HEER decal

?

Thanks guys. This is. Most likely a HEER as you say, but it is def gold tinted.
    Also, it is an SE62 at close inspection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ef62 sd  km?  

?

It's a Heer.

Just out if interest sake, I bought a wack of toned decaled Heer and Police helmets to study the toning under ADM a few years back, and compared them to KM. Under 200-400x magnification toned Heer decals the "gold" is clearly opaque whereas the gold overlay is clearly apparent and even more brilliant on ET KM decals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast