Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.

Article about: by DougB Hi Andy can you post a decal closeup? All looks well and good. Your next helmet should be a double decal SS. lol.... perhaps it will be Doug, I'll take a couple of yours if you happ

Default M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.

Here is a nice M40 Luft by Thale that I just got in, actually my first of the type which seems odd. Lot number 1436 but I forgot to take pics of the shell stamps.... I should also say the pics are not the best and I'll get some outdoor shots up tomorrow, but I also wanted to mess with my camera settings and some indoor backgrounds.

Quite nice and possibly unissued condition. The liner looks unworn but has a bit of wear from storage and stacking - the drawstring has never been tied from what I can tell. Inside the liner is the name and number of the GI that picked it up 13125833, L Messick. If anyone knows of a place I can research US records to find out a bit more about this guy I would appreciate the tip. The paint still has that nice matt M40 look to it and is nicely textured, not shiny from handling and use. Decal has had a knock but I can live with it. From what I can tell ET did not make that many Luft M40's, A great many seem to be Quist produced.

I had a bit of a cull late last year and I'm now much happier with the shape my collection is taking.

Enjoy the pics, thanks for looking

M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ET64 Luftwaffe, pretty tidy condition.
    P
    Many

Nice looking Luft! But where did you hide the chinstrap?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thats a real looker Andy !

Not bad Andy. A good looking helmet. . Photos didn't turn out all that bad. Too bad I sold my minty strap. Would be perfect for this helmet. So what's next?

Thanks guys, it fills the gap I had for this type nicely. I think I'll aim for that police we were talking about Todd, but I never really think on what I'll get next. You know what it's like - you look for a double decal Heer and you find an SD KM

I agree, a police helmet would be a good choice for the best acquisition. But you know how it goes. While you are looking for one, a different one just as good comes along and poof, your money is gone!

?

Hi Andy can you post a decal closeup? All looks well and good. Your next helmet should be a DD SS.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Andy can you post a decal closeup? All looks well and good. Your next helmet should be a DD SS.
    So will mine Doug, but only if you're buying!

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    So will mine Doug, but only if you're buying!
    I just bought one, sorry. :-(

Quote by DougB View Post
    I just bought one, sorry. :-(
    LOL! Why does that not surprise me. All the good ones will be gone by the time Andy and I each save enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast