Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 heer camo

Article about: Guys i had been offered this one locally. Guy states its a direct bring back trophy. I am waiting for more pictures. Any thoughts?

Default M40 heer camo

Guys i had been offered this one locally. Guy states its a direct bring back trophy. I am waiting for more pictures. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 heer camo   M40 heer camo  

M40 heer camo   M40 heer camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 heer camo
    P
    Many

Why no close up of the decal? A key point to start authentication with a camo helmet.

I’m not a big fan of the halo affect created to suggest a camo device such as wire or similar which was painted around. And on the right side what looks like a blob of paint right where the wire/device would have sat.

Inside of the helmet looks fine. Would really want to see much clearer hi res images particularly the decal area but all over as these images aren’t good enough to really scrutinise the paint.

Andy

Andy thanks for the look. I too thought the camo paint was abit oddball showing where a wire would have been. I am currently talking to the seller and letting them know the importance of good clear photos in natural daylight. Here are the pictures of the decal. And iam still waiting for better pictures. I may be able to set up a local meeting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 heer camo   M40 heer camo  

Good clear photos are an absolute necessity especially if you are not able to inspect in hand. Here is an example of one of my Heer decals for comparison (accidentally posted twice). Not a perfect image but taken quickly with an iPad. You can see the difference in clarity. He should take the images in subdued light as if it’s too dark the flash will blur some of the detail. Same thing with too bright. The hi res will also help in trying to ascertain the age of the camo paint. Also a little odd that some of the key features such as the beak and talons are obscured. Andy

M40 heer camoM40 heer camo

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Also a little odd that some of the key features such as the beak and talons are obscured.
    I thought almost the same thing... but not "odd" rather "convenient" if a seller was trying to mask a fake decal.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Guys I decided to pass on the helmet. The seller will not provide proper photos I have begged him to call me he will not call me it seems he's fishing for a novice collector to pass the helmet off to . Found this one on Craigslist seller does not seem reputable or is very ignorant

Good decision Chuck! If you're willing to spend your $$ and the seller doesn't have the decency to provide additional images then they are not worth dealing - you can do much better elsewhere.

The more I look at it the more I don't like the camo or decal. Its shame as it is looks to be a nice original helmet underneath that has been ruined and another inexperienced collector is going to get ripped off.

Good on you for posting here first as well!

Andy

Andy i may meet with the guy and post better pictures. I will update in a few days. Trying to figure this stuff out.... He has shown me alot more stuff.. So i think its best to see him in person. Stand by for pictures

Default Camo helmet

Guy i have been very busy. Here are more pictures from the seller. I can adk for more pictures of anything specific if need be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast