Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Heer camo with awful pictures - does it stand a chance?

Article about: too many red flags for me with those pictures. chris

too many red flags for me with those pictures.
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer camo with awful pictures - does it stand a chance?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks, fellows! I agree on all the bad points, but I'd kick myself for not checking before dismissing it, just in case it turned out to be real! I've been surprised before.

As for the M35/M40 question, M40 was my initial thought, but the decal pictures do make it look a bit more like an M35.

?

Thumb rule #1: "If the photos are bad, the item is either a fake or has been altered"

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Thumb rule #1: "If the photos are bad, the item is either a fake or has been altered"
    It's usually true, but I've bought a few nice things from very bad photographs. I think some people only have cell phone cameras, so I don't automatically dismiss things based on awful pictures. It's never a good sign, though.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Not always, some people are just crap at taking pics, but mostly true, certainly in this case walk away.

I bought some British cloth badges recently for a fraction of their worth partly because the seller posted very poor images on the bay. £60 or more worth for £2.48 + P&P.

Not worth it when you are talking 100's or 1000's outlay.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think its an m40. There appears to be a turquoise color under the top layer. I think this has been repainted more than once, and not during the war.

Hello , late on this one and I feel you already have your answer. It appears to be an M40 that has had a placement liner added and a fake cammo and decals added for good measure! Leon.

I would take my learned members opinions as being correct,its certainly a bad cammo, obviously you would need it in hand or far ,far better pics,but i still am confused as to the amount of paint that has been on this helmet why the transition from the helmet to the rivet is so sharp and not filled in with paint and therefore a smoother transition...

Yeah, I'd definitely pass. There are better things to spend your helmet tokens on.

"Move away folks - nothing to see here"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast