Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Heer Helmet for review

Article about: Hello gentlemen a long times since i have posted anything except for signed photos. Would just like to pass this one by people, it is a m40 Heer Helmet in rather good external condition. It

Default M40 Heer Helmet for review

Hello gentlemen a long times since i have posted anything except for signed photos.
    Would just like to pass this one by people, it is a m40 Heer Helmet in rather good external condition. It looks as if there may have been a national shield at one point. My only issue is that the liner possibly looks to small for this helmet ? Also EF64 a large or small size?
    Thanks Morris, Pictures below

M40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for reviewM40 Heer Helmet for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer Helmet for review
    P
    Many

Sorry missed one photo of the removed shield.
    M40 Heer Helmet for review

Hi Morris, I can see a very slight "shadow" but I think that it is just a coincidence where it is on the helmet. For me it is just a standard single decal HEER M40. The only other thought I have is that it may have been over decaled to the police at one stage, as the HEER decal's damage is far greater than the rest of the shell? Possibly the rubbing and flaking to the decal was caused by the removal of the police Adler and the shadow may then be from where the national shield was??? That's all I can think of, but I prefer the single decal thought. Leon.

Thanks for that mate, yes i agree that the decal is worn more than the rest, however i like the damage to the decal it gives it character.
    Morris

Is it a local Morris?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Liner just looks shrunk to me, how are the liner pin legs? Bent singly or double-bent?

Regarding the size, I would call a 64 a medium. I can't get a 64 on my head and I don't have what would be called a large head by modern standards.

No this one is in the US mate and he says they are bent Glenn.
    Morris

Oh I thought it was a local find for some reason.
    As the dollar has nosedived helmets are 30% more than they were a year or two ago and I'm out of the game.
    ... unless something turns up here in Oz
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The only reason i have picked this up is a have a fair amount of trade credit with guy and want to get it instead of shelling out almost double these days, and its almost impossible to find reasonably priced third Reich stuff down under anymore

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Thanks for that mate, yes i agree that the decal is worn more than the rest, however i like the damage to the decal it gives it character.
    Morris
    Hi Morris, it's a nice helmet, I'm not criticising the decal at all mate, just trying to find a possible reason for the thought of there having been a decal to the other side, but in my opinion there never was. Just a good honest HEER M40 single decal helmet for me, and I think the liner is fine by the way, unless you can see that the pins have been played with. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast