Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Heer, with net!

Article about: I took some better sunlight photos of this helmet today. There looks to be a name written on the inside of the metal band underneath the wool liner, has anyone seen one like it? Maybe the ma

?

Default Re: M40 Heer, with net!

I took some better sunlight photos of this helmet today. There looks to be a name written on the inside of the metal band underneath the wool liner, has anyone seen one like it? Maybe the manufacturer? Is there a way to see where/when this helmet was made without removing the liner?

M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer, with net!
    P
    Many

Looks like a good salty one. Can you get some close shots of where the net is attached to the liner?

?

Hi Krad,
    here is my best effort at showing where the net is connected to the liner, it's stuck into the steel liner. There's also a shot of the net, and I think the dark brown patches is what the netting looked like before all the wear. Were helmets with netting like this only worn on the Western Front?

M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!M40 Heer, with net!

I've never had a netted lid mate so I'm not much of an expert on them, I'd think they were issued all over though.

?

The left side (looking down) on the liner band will have a date stamped, if your careful pull gently back on the chinstrap bale and with your free hand use a small pen flashlight and see if you can see the stamping. But don't remove the liner band! That is blood soaked liner from what I see and you describe. Nice salty complete helmet and the nets a huge plus!

Whether the liner is rotting or bloodstained, the helmet is nice overall.

A very nice helmet a Heer m40 sd is my favorite German lid!

?

Hey, thanks Fellas, much appreciated! Doug, I tried looking for the maker stamping, but I only saw the size stamping, I looked on both sides of the outer liner, pulling the chinstrap bales gently and I saw no stamping for a maker, is that possible? If I have the helmet in front of me the decal and the size stamp are on my left hand side, but I don't see anything on my right hand side, or on the left hand side except for the size stamping. The size stamping is
    64 AA(?)

humm, aa - alte art / old type? It's more common to see na (neue art / new type) marked bands. I can't remember what that signifies but it is past 3am, so forgive me

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    humm, aa - alte art / old type? It's more common to see na (neue art / new type) marked bands. I can't remember what that signifies but it is past 3am, so forgive me
    hey, no worries! Thanks for the response, I'm gonna try and find that makers mark, I really want to know more about this helmet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2