Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Heer Q64

Article about: Hi again, This is another of mine - a recent acquisition from a forum member ( SSAMIR ) kindly brokered by another ( VOLKSJAGER ) .... it's good to have collector friends!! It is a nice orig

Default M40 Heer Q64

Hi again,
    This is another of mine - a recent acquisition from a forum member ( SSAMIR ) kindly brokered by another ( VOLKSJAGER ) .... it's good to have collector friends!!

It is a nice original lid that has sadly at some time fallen foul of a rodent that decided the supple leather ( and it IS incredibly soft ) was a nice snack .... boohoo!! I have an odd feeling that the decal may have been nibbled by silverfish too unless the ones Quist used at this time were particularly flaky?? The painted 'G' ( or is it a '6' ) slightly obscures the lot No but it is T1245.

Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I do.
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Heer Q64   M40 Heer Q64  

M40 Heer Q64   M40 Heer Q64  

M40 Heer Q64   M40 Heer Q64  

M40 Heer Q64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer Q64
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Heer Q64

Nice Heer Dan, not much decal left but it's in the right places to give a great impression Did I see this on GHW? I recognise it I'm sure.

Quist is the best maker IMO too (that's not just because most of my lids are Q's )

Yes, I put this up on the GHW .......I am spreading the love around!
    Dan

- - Updated - -

Hot diggety, I just clocked up 500 posts!!!!

No doubt about this one. I really like it. Just need to grab an original strap and you'll have a great one for the shelf.

4md
    ?

nice Q Dan, the decals a bit worn but you can still see some of the unmistakable BF detail. A nice m40 for the collection

regards Paul

Hey Dan, It seems like you get a new helmet every week. Another great one to add to the wall That would have been a superb liner! stupid mice

Regards,
    Corey

Thanks Corey,
    I REALLY should save up my money a bit more for cleaner examples - but these just sorta drop into my lap and I can't help but buy them..... guess I'm a sucker for a deal?
    ( AND I really can't yet justify pushing past that $500 barrier on a single purchase )
    Cheers, Dan

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Thanks Corey,
    I REALLY should save up my money a bit more for cleaner examples - but these just sorta drop into my lap and I can't help but buy them..... guess I'm a sucker for a deal?
    ( AND I really can't yet justify pushing past that $500 barrier on a single purchase )
    Cheers, Dan
    I think it is safe to say we all have that same problem!

My last 2 or 3 helmets broke spending records. Scary times

Is it me or is it quiet in this part of the forum recently?

thats a nice honest lid dan, dont worry i am also a combat/ used look on my lids and i cannot buy anything over £500 (or she would kill me anyway) i love Q's and just secured a Q kriegsmarine lid!