Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Heer Vet bringback

Article about: Hi, this is the M40 Vet Bringback that I traded for the M40 from Norway I posted here recently. It's been double named: FR(or FA) and then something in yellow that I can't read, does anyone

?

Default M40 Heer Vet bringback

Hi, this is the M40 Vet Bringback that I traded for the M40 from Norway I posted here recently. It's been double named: FR(or FA) and then something in yellow that I can't read, does anyone see what it says?(the pictures isn't the best). The liner is backwards but should be original to the shell. Maybe taken out by the veterans son postwar or modified in the field?

Any inputs are welcome!

//Sweguy

M40 Heer Vet bringbackM40 Heer Vet bringbackM40 Heer Vet bringbackM40 Heer Vet bringbackM40 Heer Vet bringbackM40 Heer Vet bringbackM40 Heer Vet bringback

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer Vet bringback
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 Heer Vet bringback

The yellow writing is probably the soldier's name or regiment.

Looks good, nice honest combat pot. Is it an NS shell?

You see backwards leather now and again, not really a worry.

?

Hello. Yes, but can anyone see what it says?

Kradspam, you are absolutely right. An NS62 with batch nr: D11 or something(the name is written where the stamp is.) I'm impressed, how can you see that?

nice combat lid there!!

Quote by sweguy View Post
    Hello. Yes, but can anyone see what it says?

Kradspam, you are absolutely right. An NS62 with batch nr: D11 or something(the name is written where the stamp is.) I'm impressed, how can you see that?
    Bullseye, thanks There are little tells that give away the maker, from the shape of the shell and look of the vents. NS and Quist have large wide vents on their M40's, but Quist have a more squat shape and more sloping angle at the beginning of the skirt, so it had to be NS. Other makers have their own little quirks.

Hi Sweguy,

Nice helmet. I like hand-writing puzzles like this and have been studying the yellow writing for about 15 minutes now trying out lots of different variations.

Anyway, if the letter's in black 'F.P' are the initials of the soldier so that the surname written in yellow starts with a 'P' I think the surname might be 'Pijolat'. That's French or at least sounds French but I'll leave you to work that out!

?

Thanks everyone!

Kradspam: You really picked your feathers right there

Canti44: it sounds believeable. Maybe it could be a B like "Bijolat"? Will try find that out, I googled pijolat and Bijolat etc but didn't find anything.
    Appreciate your help.

Regards Sweguy

Andy nailed it again!
    Air vents are always a good place to start. Then shell look. It's a fun game to see how many you get correct.
    Nice helmet you had there. Named helmets are cool.

I've always read it as something like RÜDAL or RÜDAT, with the line over the second letter being read as a quick way of applying the two dots over the "U" by hand = Ü

So, maybe (if it's the same soldier that has simply signed it twice for some reason) F RÜDAL (most likely going by the FR initials) or F RÜDAT ? Nice helmet btw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast