Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Heer Vet bringback

Article about: Hi, this is the M40 Vet Bringback that I traded for the M40 from Norway I posted here recently. It's been double named: FR(or FA) and then something in yellow that I can't read, does anyone

Default Re: M40 Heer Vet bringback

Love it!....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer Vet bringback
    P
    Many

?

Thanks, it's even more cool if you are able of tracking the person who wore it.

When you say it slados28, it seems legit. And thanks again, it was a plessure dealing with you!

Hey Sweguy,

one of my methods is to try and work out the name and then see later if it actually exists as a name. Pijolat does exist and is French in origin, see below. I don't know how many French surnames there are recorded in the German army but there must have been some.

Google Translate

The last three letters do look like DAT but it does look like a 'J' in the middle also.

Anyway, it's a tricky one, good luck!

Ian.

Great Heer I think I need to get a 62 sometime soon

I have to admit I'm not seeing an i and a j but rather a slanted Ü , just like the slant of the rest of the lettering. Pretty sure the surname starts with an R as well...
    I actually found several F Rudat/Rudal from Bavaria in ww1 rosters, no ww2 records that I can see so far though --- nothing on Pijolat (pretty certain that that's not correct anyway as I believe the first letter is an R not a P, as mentioned earlier). The process is half the fun either way, good luck!

?

Thanks, this was my first 62 actually and second NS, I like those shells. Is there some archives or authorities I can contact during this "project" if we can make out the name?

Best regards Sweguy

?

And also, has this been some kind of reissue or something, due to the traces of apple green on some spots?

M40 Heer Vet bringback
    Last edited by sweguy; 04-17-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2