Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?

Article about: Ken, thanks for the clarification. Identifying decals good from bad is all part of the learning curve. Don't give up. It's well worth it to learn, and we all make mistakes. Hell, I was carry

Default M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?

Hi,

This helmet was found in Dunkirk, France.

Quite salty, but lots of original paint remains. Dirty Heer decal, nice dark Apfelgrün tone.

I kinda want to leave it as is, but I want to preserve it as well. Would you clean to preserve, or just leave it? I'd like to add a ring. Anyone recognize the Manufacturer? I can't tell by the looks of it, I hope someone can. There's numbers inside but quite 'eaten' by rust.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?

Leave it as it is.
    That is the nicest decal I have seen on a relic!!
    Also the remains of the color are amazing.
    Best relic I have seen in times!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Leave her be. She has a great look. I'm thinking an ET helmet.

It never ceases to amaze me how well these decals can hang on while the rest of the lid rusts away.

Thanks guys.

I think it's indeed best to leave, I just don't want the helmet to rust any more. Hope it doesn't, keeping it dry in any case.

Cheers

I don't think it will rust away too much more if stored and displayed correctly, especially kept dry. She will probably outlast all of us.

Thanks. That's a calming thought :-d.

I'll give her a nice place behind glass. I'll make sure no water touches that helmet.

Thanks for all the advice!
    Ken

It's a Quist.

The decal is of the rare 'bigfoot' type, commonly seen on Quist helmets. Lucky coincidence!

Cheers

Quote by kenbent View Post
    It's a Quist.

The decal is of the rare 'bigfoot' type, commonly seen on Quist helmets. Lucky coincidence!

Cheers
    Can you do a better shot of the decal , I'm not convinced it is a real BF I'm sorry to say.
    M40's should not have appfelgrun either unless it used to be an M40 SE Polizei , those are the only ones with a smooth lighter green paint.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Can you do a better shot of the decal , I'm not convinced it is a real BF I'm sorry to say.
    M40's should not have appfelgrun either unless it used to be an M40 SE Polizei , those are the only ones with a smooth lighter green paint.
    I will take one asap. I do think it's a bigfoot decal though. The eagle's head is too flat to be a decal of the other type. In fact, I wouldn't be disappointed if it weren't a bigfoot decal but I think it is. These are just my findings. I studied it quite thoroughly using Ken Niewiarowicz's book.

The other types of decals have an eagle with a bigger head, only the Quits bigfoot decal shows the same characteristics. I'll take some pics tonight.

Cheers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast