Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?

Article about: Ken, thanks for the clarification. Identifying decals good from bad is all part of the learning curve. Don't give up. It's well worth it to learn, and we all make mistakes. Hell, I was carry

Default Re: M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?

Quote by kenbent View Post
    I will take one asap. I do think it's a bigfoot decal though. The eagle's head is too flat to be a decal of the other type. In fact, I wouldn't be disappointed if it weren't a bigfoot decal but I think it is. These are just my findings. I studied it quite thoroughly using Ken Niewiarowicz's book.

The other types of decals have an eagle with a bigger head, only the Quits bigfoot decal shows the same characteristics. I'll take some pics tonight.

Cheers
    There are quite many Bigfoot fakes around that match quite good in the larger details but not completely. With a good and bigger photo it should be easy to tell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heerestruppe... What to do with it?
    P
    Many

Here it is:

I'm not sure about the feet, but look at the design of that head... It's far too narrow to be another type of decal. So it must be a Quist decal right?

The feet are a bit too far gone to tell for sure, but IMO it is Q decal.

Cheers

It's the claws that grip the swastika that are a good indicator , also the color of the decal. Rarely do they color that way. For me it's a fake BF.
    Compare it to this one from the GHW fakes forum.

It's just one of many fake variants of this decal.

Thanks..!

It can't be fake though, if it's a fake I'm so out of this hobby .

The helmet was ground dug in France.

Cheers,
    Ken

Quote by kenbent View Post
    Thanks..!

It can't be fake though, if it's a fake I'm so out of this hobby .

The helmet was ground dug in France.

Cheers,
    Ken
    Well if you dug it up yourself it can indeed not be a fake ... despite the bad traits it has.

Actually a guy I know dug it up, but fact is that it is a ground dug relic. Only the liner was taken out, or what was left of it.

Unless someone burried it on the exact same spot where it was found (somewhere in the vicinity of Dunkirk), there's no way that it's a fake helmet. I got it quite cheap as well, too bad the liner is missing. He didn't even care about the decal or the type, just knew that it was an army helmet.
    A fake of that quality would blow my socks off really!

Cheers

?

Nice lid. Hope its the real deal.

?

I am not an expert on decals applied onto corrosion, even i have seen a few here in Russia. One small detail stands out to me though. On the left wing, when looked at, there are 3 corrosion holes almost in a straight line in the mid section of that wing. In the middle hole or the No. 2 from left, one can see some part of the decal in that corrosion hole. It almost runs through this dent/hole. Why is that? IMO it looks like the decal is applied on top of the corrosion. There are several other dents where the decal seems to be applied on top of them. Maybe this is normal i don't know. if the decal is made of gold particles they will of course not disappear. This will take a real expert on this subject to judge i think.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I am not an expert on decals applied onto corrosion, even i have seen a few here in Russia. One small detail stands out to me though. On the left wing, when looked at, there are 3 corrosion holes almost in a straight line in the mid section of that wing. In the middle hole or the No. 2 from left, one can see some part of the decal in that corrosion hole. It almost runs through this dent/hole. Why is that? IMO it looks like the decal is applied on top of the corrosion. There are several other dents where the decal seems to be applied on top of them. Maybe this is normal i don't know. if the decal is made of gold particles they will of course not disappear. This will take a real expert on this subject to judge i think.
    I was going to ask the same thing about the decal over the rust holes...

Tom

?

Nice to know I'm not alone on this one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast