Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 KM helmet

Article about: cheers andy, me to! seems to be a over at ghw aswell cheers for all mate

Default M40 KM helmet

hi guys, does this helmet stand a chance of being kriegsmarine? or would one need to get it in hand and magnify the decal as there is not much left? this is what i am going to do as there is not alot of decal to judge and i can also return it with no problems!

at 100X magnifaction this decal should still look metalic, gold, and impressive? whares a toned heer would not and be white/different to the eye? its a Q66 DN121 there is a brother on the GHW DB, the decal is not laquered and is flaking away all opinions greatly appreciated on this lid, chinstraps full length and has nice roller buckle the seller also says the pins are on the original bend and unmessed with.

thank you

regards,Ewan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 KM helmet   M40 KM helmet  

M40 KM helmet   M40 KM helmet  

M40 KM helmet   M40 KM helmet  

M40 KM helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 KM helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 KM helmet

Hello, the decal looks as though it could be ok from the pictures but as you say these kreigsmarine helmets really need to be in hand to be sure.Is it just a shadow on the pictures that look like another decal was incorrectly positioned to the left of the kreigsmarine one,the paint work looks unmarked in that position so it could just be my eyesight!!The chinstrap is also by the look of it all brown which as i recall is most common on luftwaffe M35's but can also be found on kreigsmarine helmets.I would say from what i can see with the overall even wear to the helmet that it is a good one but once again you really need to have it in hand to be sure.

Looks like a good one in my eyes, I do not know for sure if it is Heer or KM as I have had no experience in determining it, but in my opinion, I would say it's a good kriegsmarine helmet.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hello, the decal looks as though it could be ok from the pictures but as you say these kreigsmarine helmets really need to be in hand to be sure.Is it just a shadow on the pictures that look like another decal was incorrectly positioned to the left of the kreigsmarine one,the paint work looks unmarked in that position so it could just be my eyesight!!The chinstrap is also by the look of it all brown which as i recall is most common on luftwaffe M35's but can also be found on kreigsmarine helmets.I would say from what i can see with the overall even wear to the helmet that it is a good one but once again you really need to have it in hand to be sure.
    I can also see the "ghost shield" - it cannot be a shadow as you can see it in the first photo. So, could we have a Heer M40 reissued to the KM?????
    Dan

Definitely no way that's a shadow. This could turn out to be a fantastic helmet. Do you own it or just looking to buy?

hi all, thanks for the comments!

guys do you mean the line in picture? i dont think thats a decal in my opinion ither look close on the fullsize image you can see the vertical part of what you think is the line is slighly rusted spots of ware then the curve to the bottom is another ware mark that coincidentally looks like a decal curve imo

i have this helmet on layaway and should have it by the end of july!

thanks for the opinions

Ewan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 KM helmet  

If that's the case than it is awfully coincidental. It looks just like a decal trapped under the paint.

On a data base on another forum there is a Q66 DN121 that is also a KM. This is a good one, just with the obvious conditions issues, but a real KM none the less. Jim G.

hi helmtone, look to the left of the decal in the 5th photo down in my OP you can see here the curve part is not a decal?

cheers

glad the opinions are good on this mate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast