Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 KM for review

Article about: Hello Gentlemen....I've been offered this one...Overall looks nice but I have some concerns about the decal. Thoughts

?

Default M40 KM for review

M40 KM for reviewM40 KM for reviewM40 KM for reviewM40 KM for reviewM40 KM for reviewM40 KM for reviewHello Gentlemen....I've been offered this one...Overall looks nice but I have some concerns about the decal. Thoughts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 KM for review
    P
    Many

This must be the top 10 forum where people get offered helmets instead of having to look for them.
    I never saw so so many topics start with : "I was offered a helmet". Never happens to me ever ?
    Sadly most get offered trash and this one is no different.
    It is certainly not KM and the decal has a big chance of being bad even. The photos are not that fantastic to be absolutely sure.

?

I've posted a number of ads on local classified sites looking for helmets and have joined a bunch of groups on Facebook as well, that is where this one came from. So that's where my "offers" usually come from. This one was a bit of a faint hope. I've been trying to find a good KM for a while, but keep seeing sub-par examples at huge prices. Maybe 2016 is my year!

M.

MAP
    ?

Here is a non-subpar example for sale. Dealer price of course. Item H260

German Helmets For Sale | German War Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm tired of helping little old ladies across the road in the vain hope that they'll offer me their late husband's entire collection of bringback war trophies .......

Oh, & the decal looks like this pre-aged one .... yes?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 KM for review  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

A nice lid, but pricey. He had another E66 KM in even better shape, but there was a bidding war even before it got listed. I'm in Canada...so if I buy out of the US I can't really afford dealer prices..not with our dollar as week as it is

MAP
    ?

One or WAF that is missing a liner but otherwise decent and at 1/2 the price. probably could find a nice liner. Haven't verified the decal myself to confirm if it is a KM but it looks the part.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks! I sent the guy a message. Looks good...

MAP
    ?

Post it here for review. It looks solid but you should have others check out the decal....just to be sure.

Yep, the top ones a ruined helmet for me as well, as for the others mentioned, I have no idea as there are no images downloaded to this forum. Leon.