Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Kriegsmarine Single Decal Helmet

Article about: All original, enhanced or modified in any way.It is as it was in May 1945. Retains much of original field gray factory rough texture paint, M1931 liner, size 59. Liner leather is supple. Nam

Default Re: M40 Kriegsmarine Single Decal Helmet

Yes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Kriegsmarine Single Decal Helmet
    P
    Many

Ah, ok. Thought it looked familiar. Very nice helmet! I even thought about that one, but I am on the lookout for one with a more complete decal. Great buy for you, though!

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    I have no idea what the above means!
    It must be late because I have no idea where I was going with this.
    chris

Yeah, don't worry about it.

Max

I was looking at one on Ken Bolton's site and trying to choose. Ken's is rougher but has the decal you're looking for. He is also asking 1495.00 for it.
    This one that I got is totally complete except for part of the decal missing, which doesn't really bother me. Also, dealing with Dave is a big pleasure and he guarantees his stuff for life. I also paid under 1,000.00.

Good Luck, Max

Nice KM M40. I agree with Shirlin, though, that it appears to have been deliberately scraped on the decal to de-Nazify it. The tool marks look clear under magnification and seem to be from something with an edge like a pocket knife. Still a great condition and scarce Navy helmet! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    I was looking at one on Ken Bolton's site and trying to choose. Ken's is rougher but has the decal you're looking for. He is also asking 1495.00 for it.
    This one that I got is totally complete except for part of the decal missing, which doesn't really bother me. Also, dealing with Dave is a big pleasure and he guarantees his stuff for life. I also paid under 1,000.00.

Good Luck, Max
    It's tough deciding to drop that kind of coin on a helmet. I think I am going to save my pennies for a decent SS lid with a good decal.

HI,
    KM's are hard to find, something that I didn't know. I got lucky with this one and the decal doesn't really bother me, everyone knows what it is.
    I got really lucky with my M40 SS, which after a ton of discussion on another site, is real as rain. Go for what you really want and don't get distracted.

Max

Dave Shirlin is a fine guy and i feel that whatever the KM helmet went through that its still a nice piece to own!Be happy with it and good hunting.Carl

Hi Carl,
    It looks even better after I received it and is all there except for the decal, which means something to some collectors but not that much to me.
    The one I saw on another site was 1495.00, not all complete but had a nice decal. I'm sure I made the right choice and I also bot a Luft from him also that I will post soon.

Thanks, Max

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast