MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This M40 look too clean, liner too clean?

Article about: According to my big book of german helmet lot numbers this helmet M40 SE64 7309 was issued as a Single Decal Luft and also as a Double Decal Police, so somewhere out there it has a sister, t

Default Re: This M40 look too clean, liner too clean?

According to my big book of german helmet lot numbers this helmet M40 SE64 7309 was issued as a Single Decal Luft and also as a Double Decal Police, so somewhere out there it has a sister, the liner looks good to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This M40 look too clean, liner too clean?
    P
    Many

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    According to my big book of german helmet lot numbers this helmet M40 SE64 7309 was issued as a Single Decal Luft and also as a Double Decal Police, so somewhere out there it has a sister, the liner looks good to me.
    May I ask on your big book? I'd like a copy

?

Me too!
    Dean.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    The paint is completely wrong for a wartime ND helmet. I think it is a post war painted stripped shell with replacement original liner. Many helmets like this one are coming out of Eastern Europe right now.
    yea some of the finnish and norwegain helmets do have a similar green tone to them.

Another Chinese fake

Liner is good , shell is a post war repaint.

Only some Quist M40's can be found as factory ND helmets , all other makers had decals on their M40's.

May I ask on your big book? I'd like a copy
    Sure, I found it on ebay when I first started collecting, its called german helmet lot numbers by Brian Ice.

I'm not sure what the red flags are on the liner. I don't see anything sticking out at me. The paint itself I'm not so sure about. Looks to be some rust under the paint around the edges. That's not already a good thing. I've seen that on period painted helmets but the paint condition usually matches the areas of rust.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Sure, I found it on ebay when I first started collecting, its called german helmet lot numbers by Brian Ice.
    Hmmpphh can't find it! edit--- sorry I found it

GERMAN HELMET LOT NUMBERS REVISION3 by BRIAN ICE (Paperback) - Lulu
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-18-2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added link

Something about it smelled wrong... At any rate, even if it was 100% right, and anything that's been through a war doesn't look like that IMO, or shouldn't. I'd prefer to have something looks like it's that's been through a war.

I never could stand anything "minty" that is supposedly from WWII, first thing goes through my mind is "is it fake, refinished"? And anyway the "been there" look is what does it for me. It's infinitely more interesting to behold something that makes you wonder about the hell it's been through?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast