Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Luft camo DD?

Article about: I have seen this lid for sale which I believe to be a M40. Marked EF64 and lot number possibly 5088. Does it look good from what is shown in the pics please?

?

Default M40 Luft camo DD?

I have seen this lid for sale which I believe to be a M40. Marked EF64 and lot number possibly 5088. Does it look good from what is shown in the pics please?
    M40 Luft camo DD?M40 Luft camo DD?M40 Luft camo DD?M40 Luft camo DD?M40 Luft camo DD?M40 Luft camo DD?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luft camo DD?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Luft camo DD?

Sorry but I dont like this one at all. The biggest problem is its a DD M40. The Tri colour should not be there and is a round bottom fake. Judging by the wear in the right spots and the colour of the adler compared to the tri colour I believe its a fake as well. Although there is no hit for the lot number in the database it puts it in a range of an SD Heer. The texture seem off (looking at my own SD Luftwaffe M40 here) and I dont like the rust around the liner pins so I would say the paint is post war added. Hard to tell from the small pic but the insides would be added as well if the rest is bad, plus its looks to be aged.

Not something I would move on sorry!

Don't like it either. Moreover, low batch number indicates a later EF M40. Tricolor is faked for sure and I have bad feelings about the eagle aswell.

A closer or larger photo of the Luftwaffe decal would help, but from the details I can see, I think it is a repro decal. The look of the claw, specifically the one holding the swastika, is my primary suspicion. As stated above, I would higly doubt this M40 was originally double decaled. The liner is hard to see from such a little pic, but from what I can see I don't like the look of that one either. IMO, I would pass on it.

?

Already passed. Thanks again guys.

Quote by alikat View Post
    Already passed. Thanks again guys.
    A wise decision, Al.

Scary how good they make the fakes these days, I'll try to stay away from Helmets for a while :S

Quote by Hoffmann View Post
    Scary how good they make the fakes these days, I'll try to stay away from Helmets for a while :S
    Yes, the fakes are getting better, but nobody ever gets it perfect. If you buy yourself a couple of books, study tons of originals, learn the proper decal/shell relationships, etc. then you will have a much easier time discerning an original from a fake. Sometime all it takes is one minor detail for you to completely be able to call out a fake helmet.