Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Luftwaffe

Article about: This is my latest purchase. A nice ND Q64 Luftwaffe, lot number N352, the I or D was missed when it got stamped. It has a rough dark greyish over paint. Getting this one was quite stressful,

Default M40 Luftwaffe

This is my latest purchase. A nice ND Q64 Luftwaffe, lot number N352, the I or D was missed when it got stamped. It has a rough dark greyish over paint. Getting this one was quite stressful, it took 22 days to arrive in the UK from Belgium and both me and Frank (Schwerpunkt) who I bought this one from were getting a bit jittery to say the least, but it got here in the end and I am well pleased with it. Many thanks Frank I have not really had time to take any decent photos as I have been working way too many hours and the weather has been crap lately, so here are a couple or three very dark ones.They don't really show the right colour but you can see the blue on the inside. I will try and post some better ones soon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe   M40 Luftwaffe  

M40 Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 Luftwaffe

Very nice!! Congrats on a nice helmet

?

hi,are the liner and pins original to the helmet? i can see the luft blue on the pins but they should be painted like the helmet,might be just the pics, is there any dark paint on the pins?

Quote by TUFC View Post
    hi,are the liner and pins original to the helmet? i can see the luft blue on the pins but they should be painted like the helmet,might be just the pics, is there any dark paint on the pins?
    As far as I know, yes, the liner is tight as can be in this one. I guess it could be a period refit though. I have no doubt's that this is a 100% TR period lid.

These are Franks photo's of this one. They display the true look of the helmet a lot better than my poor photo's. Hope you don't mind me using them Frank?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe   M40 Luftwaffe  

M40 Luftwaffe   M40 Luftwaffe  

No no at all James , the true color of the paint is difficult to capture. It's not that dark in hand as in your pics is it.
    The rough overpaint is well visible and the color of the rivet heads which are compatible with the paint more apparent in my pics.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    No no at all James , the true color of the paint is difficult to capture. It's not that dark in hand as in your pics is it.
    The rough overpaint is well visible and the color of the rivet heads which are compatible with the paint more apparent in my pics.
    My pics are really dark! Crappy English weather, I had to shoot it indoors. Your shots definitely do show the consistency between the rivets and the shell. Cheers Frank

?

way better pics, look like two different helmets, ALLS WELL, nice lid, i need a repaint lid in my collection! anyone got a spare for sale!!