Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo

Article about: I was thinking about buying this helmet. I would like to know everyone's opinions. I went to see it, so I have had hands on, don't know how the colour has come on the photos, as the helmet i

?

Default M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo

I was thinking about buying this helmet. I would like to know everyone's opinions. I went to see it, so I have had hands on, don't know how the colour has come on the photos, as the helmet is very, very faded. Very old rust, liner and pins as tight as can be.
    To me it looked fine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo   M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo  

M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo   M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo

To make any valid assessment of the paint, the pictures really need to be close and focused.
    I must admit, at first glance it's not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling, the wear marks look a little too inconsistent.

But better closer pictures would be able to determine if it's period or not.

?

sorry john,these are the only pics i have,always hard from pics, felt good in my hands tho,the colours in the photos are so distinctive, when i went to his place i did not recognise it very faint,
    andy

Quote by TUFC View Post
    sorry john,these are the only pics i have,always hard from pics, felt good in my hands tho,the colours in the photos are so distinctive, when i went to his place i did not recognise it very faint,
    andy
    Andy, if you saw it and handled it then you are the best judge of it not me .

I'm only going on what I can see, It really depends on the price, if it's too cheap walk away, something like that would go for around 1500-2k US$ maybe more.

If your buying from a dealer, and it's too cheap, then he definitely knows something you do not. And if buying from a collector, the same approach goes, unless he's a really really good friend, or he badly needs the cash. (don't listen to sob stories either)

Your call

?

john, 600, dealer, minefield,did not go for it,but it keeps calling me!! john, do you sell helmets or just collect, just bought a double decal police ,need to find other people to deal with who can be trusted.
    andy
    Last edited by TUFC; 08-25-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Andy.Iv'e bought from this dealer and found him to be a friendly and helpful man. If you drop him an email requesting more detailed photo's I'm sure he would oblige.

?

yes jim, nice guy , whats your thoughts on the lid
    andy

Quote by TUFC View Post
    yes jim, nice guy , whats your thoughts on the lid
    andy
    I'm still learning about camo helmets, so I cant really pass judgement on it. I did post this one on another forum for evaluation, but again, the photo's are not really good enough to make a decent evaluation. I think the price is a little low for a camo. As John says it should be £1000+. I would email R. and see if he will take some clearer close up shots for you.

Quote by TUFC View Post
    john, 600, dealer,
    Too cheap

On closer inspection I am not keen on the camo paint covering the areas where the previous coat has flaked. Just the opinion of a novice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe Normandy cammo  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast