Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m40 luftwaffe original?

Article about: Hello. I'm new here. First of all sorry if I make some mistakes, my english isn't perfect. Unfortunately I bought my m40 luftwaffe helmet before I found this forum. What do You think of it?

pzl37
    ?

Default m40 luftwaffe original?

Hello. I'm new here. First of all sorry if I make some mistakes, my english isn't perfect.

Unfortunately I bought my m40 luftwaffe helmet before I found this forum. What do You think of it?
    I think that the liner is original. Because it was very dry and in poor condition I prevented it from further destruction with lanoline.
    Is the droop tail eagle decal appropriate to m40? Could You identify the manufacturer? How can I bring this helmet back to the original condition?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m40 luftwaffe original?   m40 luftwaffe original?  

m40 luftwaffe original?   m40 luftwaffe original?  

m40 luftwaffe original?   m40 luftwaffe original?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: m40 luftwaffe original?

Hi Welcome to the forum
    your English is fine

It looks like you have an Original shell by EF ,(Emaillierwerk A.G., Fulda) messed with pins, added liner and a fake decal

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You can determine the maker of your helmet from the stamp on the shell which has the makers letters and the shell size. As John mnetions, yours looks like EF (Emaillerwerk AG, Fulda.) and a size 60.

Once leather has started to deteriate there is very little that can be done. To be honest, it is best left alone.

I agree that the decal is bad. I would not have expected to see this style of eagle on an M40.

Cheers, Ade.

You can never restore a helmet to its original condition best to get that out of your mind right away as you have the result of someone with a siimilar thought in your hands.

It's a poor helmet with no collector value whatsoever. The drooptail adler was never used on M40's.

pzl37
    ?

Thank you for your opinions.
    Could the paint be original?

No