Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal Helmet

Article about: by Max Hansen If It wasn't for that decal misapplication....well I'm very happy with what I have. Max I would be happy with it too. I think the misapplication of the decal looks fine.

?

Default Re: M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal Helmet

Sorry. I thought you were Danish Very Danish name you have. It's a very nice lid with a "minor" application error, which is not uncommon though. As you said yourself.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal Helmet
    P
    Many

Thanks for two nice compliments Lars!

Max

?

Thanks for sharing the helmet. Hansen is the most used Danish surname

Actually, it is Norwegian. I also like your Wiking symbol.

Max

?

Yes in Norwegian it's spelled the same way Had a grand father in Wiking and one working for the resistance movement as 19 years old. He was finishing his education as a engineer on the naval base "Holmen" in Copenhagen. He was not a actual "member" of any group. The Wiking grand fathers past i don't know much about, even he lived long after the war. They never attended family dinners together.

Regards, Lars

Great story, I could see why they wouldn't eat together. Too bad you don't know much about your Wiking grandfather.

?

In Denmark those things was not talked much about. He told some things but grand mother shut him up. He believed in fighting Bolshevism, as many others did. Living in Russia now, i can't say i disagree on this. It's horrible what they did to the country and their own people.

I've heard that about many vets from the Wiking division that the main reason that they joined was to fight the communists.

?

That is true. In the 40's communism was not more than 23 yrs old or so and the crimes they committed in Ukraine, The Holodamor, was most likely fresh in peoples minds. Communism has killed more people than all other ideologies put together i think. I don't think it's allowed to discuss such topis here actually

Regards, Lars

The commies are now kaput and this is the US, we can discuss anything. Everyone knows what a viscous regime Stalin led with his henchmen Beria, Molotov, among others. The basement at Lubyanka is well known and so is the massacre of the Polish officers at Katyn Forest that the Red Army tried to blame on he Germans. I'll say goodnight now as I can hardly see anymore.
    Nice conversation, Max

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast