Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

Article about: I finally got a helmet, this is my first German one and I got it for my Birthday for myself and a KM belt buckle. It is a Quist size 62 shell and I think 55 or 58 liner. The mfg number I bel

Default M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

I finally got a helmet, this is my first German one and I got it for my Birthday for myself and a KM belt buckle. It is a Quist size 62 shell and I think 55 or 58 liner.
    The mfg number I believe is DN137
    Sorry MO I didnt know you were looking at this helmet until I bought it the guy told me :P
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

The shell is in perfect condision nice find, but the decal look a little new to me,
    might just be me, I'm more into Heer though but the sides of the wings, decal seems like it's new.
    But overall NICE HELMET!

If it was a Heer helmet it would be easier for me to see, but I guess you've allready checked the decal out
    Nice find, may I ask how much you paid for this beauty? Luftwaffe helmets seems to be more expensive than heer helmets in Norway, is that in USA too?

I believe Heer are more pricey here in the US, traded some off my US stuff and 100$ so I made out well the decal looked a little off to me too, but I trust the dealer. Does anyone else know about the decal?
    -Ben
    btw here is a link to the buckle I got too...
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...76/#post554822
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 04-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.

I don't like the decal. I feel it is a repro. The edges are uneven and there is some excess black around the eagle head. The liner does not belong in that helmet it is way too small, or it really shrunk. Also the chin strap strikes me as a repro. What did you trade for this lid?

?

The decal i will leave to others, the liner is unusual in the fact that there appears to be no felt behind it , unless its well hidden, also very unusual to see a liner thats so small to be fitted to a helmet thats too big, especially when liners were readily available, to wear one like this would have been reasonably uncomfortable and the amount of stress to the rearward fingers would cause the cord to knife through, i think the liner may have been replaced post war, but thats just my opinion

The Q helmets are the best. The eagle is a toss up for me, if the helmet can look that good then it's possible that so can the eagle. I agree with helmetone, the liner is probably not original to the helmet. Still, it is a nice one that I would love to have.

I traded a few things I dont have much money in it for a helmet Ill wait for some more comments and talk to the seller.

I believe the decal is bad, many of the points to look for are not right such helmetone stated. I also look at the lines on the centre of the feathers, which on his bird are way off. Also look at all the scratching centered around the bird only. It might have been removed post war, or it just shows off a bad aging job.

I can't add anything more about the liner that hasn't been said. Not for this helmet and way to small.

Jason

Is the head wrong? It looks like it was not aged on the left wing there is rust coming through it that looks real? It does look a bit new though... The helmet, paint and strap are real though?

Something else was striking me as weird about the liner and I think I figured it out. There is no inner liner band. The liner is stretched around the outer bad which might explain why the liner stitching is busted. glad I figured that out lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast