Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

Article about: I finally got a helmet, this is my first German one and I got it for my Birthday for myself and a KM belt buckle. It is a Quist size 62 shell and I think 55 or 58 liner. The mfg number I bel

Default Re: M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Thanks again for the help guys I think I am going to contact the seller and try to get something else. Btw I enjoy help and constructive criticism but not so much plain out criticism...
    Can you elaborate?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

Read post 19, that may be what he's refering to

Quote by davejb View Post
    Read post 19, that may be what he's refering to
    Ahh, I see.

I think I have studied original 2nd model luft decals for the past 24 hrs straight so next time If I run into one again I think I will be able to tell... The head and many of the feathers in this decal seem too rounded and the scratch marks around the decals seem to have been done to remove the shinyness of the decal?

I could Almost have lived with the repro decal, but the Liner is just a mess. It definitely does Not belong with this lid and looks to have been Made to fit into it Anyway. A shame, as the shell is actually quite decent.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Looks like a fine helmet apart from the liner and questionable decal.here's a real decal from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm   M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm  

Just for kicks, here is its lot number twin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm  

How many helmets were produced with the same lot number on average? If anyone knows? And what are the odds that 2 with the same lot both end up within 40 miles in PA ... lol

I think I asked that question once, and the answer was 'probably about 100'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3