Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?

Article about: If it looks to have been in that position a long time I'd leave it, that's how I deal with all my straps. Some are over the visor, some not, some open some not, but it's always how I get the

Default M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?

M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?
    P
    Many

Original helmet , decal and liner. Drawstring replaced I think , chinstrap I can't tell , can you post a close-up of the buckle ? Does it have a maker mark ?

As Frank says, the string ( while the correct type) looks a little too fresh to be the original.
    Otherwise a nice helmet - shame about the decal.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Agree, a good lid. Not the most common type either being an ET M40 Luft. The liner looks quite dry, be careful of that.

I do not see any maker's mark on the buckle. Or in my glass...

M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?

Strap looks good to me from that. Same condition as the liner too so IMO they likely belong together.

Thanks for the feedback. My continuing education here on the forum helped me pick this one out from 20-30 helmets from multiple vendors at the show I was at today.

I thought the string looked suspect as well.

Very nice...

?

I like it, congrats on picking it up.

Brad.

This is my first helmet that actually has a chin strap. Second helmet overall. Anyway, the strap has maybe a half inch of slop and is quite loose.

Is it a horrible idea to tighten it by one hole?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast